Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
As a junior copywriter, you already have a few assignments under your belt. You’re starting to think like the customer and are capable of writing clear, attention-grabbing, and grammatically correct copy.
You know the meaning of the word "deadline" and are comfortable juggling multiple projects of varying complexity. You have strong attention to detail and well-developed self-editing skills. That said, you are also open to giving and receiving constructive criticism as part of a transparent and trusting content team.
We work in the lightning-paced world of social media, and deal with new information on a daily basis. That means you should feel confident taking a brief, researching an unfamiliar topic and presenting a polished piece of work at the end of a project.
As a team, our mission is to help our customers and colleagues achieve success by providing effective content that is unique to Hootsuite at every touchpoint in the customer journey. As part of that mission, your role will be to create long form content for a variety of different audiences and channels.
You already have some industry experience, either as an intern or a professional copywriter. You’ve got a degree in communications, English, creative writing, journalism, or equivalent. And you’ve got a portfolio that shows off your ability to write for different audiences and your skills as a wordsmith.
As part of our in-house content team at Hootsuite, your responsibilities will include: Creativity:
- Taking part in creative and editorial brainstorms
- Regularly contributing smart, thorough, and engaging posts for the Hootsuite blog
- Coming up with new ideas for reaching our audience through content
- Support the work of other writers as part of our peer review system
- Working closely with other teams to understand business requirements for content
- Confidently discussing feedback from multiple stakeholders and integrating it into your work
- Analyzing trends, reports, and studies to find what you need to back up your ideas
- Using SEO data to make recommendations for editorial decisions
As our newest member of the team, you’ll also have plenty of support in both honing your writing skills and gaining exposure to the wider world of content marketing from experienced practitioners. You’re Great At...
- Producing clear, grammatically correct copy
- Writing with the reader in mind, knowing what will make them want to read and share
- Understanding SEO research and best practices
- Connecting big ideas back to the business
- Keeping up with social media trends
- Taking the initiative on researching and editing your own work
- Getting along with a close-knit team of sarcastic yet super supportive writers
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite
- Experience writing for a professional audience
- Agency or journalistic experience
- A grasp on internet culture