Diverse and well-rounded junior level accounting role with a fantastic real estate company based in Vancouver. Supporting designated accountants and accounting managers. Great opportunity for long-term career growth within a vibrant corporate culture.
Who- the Company:
Swim Recruiting is very excited to represent this reputable company to the Vancouver candidate market! The company is successful and stable, with several best-in-class projects on the go.
What- the Role:
Our client is seeking a confident, adaptable, and self-motivated individual to join their dynamic and growing team. This company is very reputable and provides great room for career growth to high performers. The new Accounting Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of accounting-related responsibilities including full-cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable, monthly bank recs, cheque runs, GST & PST filing, pulling together monthly summary reports, journal entries, etc. This new employee will also support the Accountants and Accounting Manager with ad hoc administrative tasks pertaining to the smooth functioning of the accounting & finance department.
This role has great variety, and it is a crucial part of this fast-paced, high-performing, and close-knit team. There is opportunity to learn from great mentors in accounting & finance as well as other departments and to grow long-term with the company.
Who- the Candidate:
This is a fantastic opportunity for up & coming accountants who are eager to put into practice their post-secondary education and to prove themselves in a fast-paced, friendly, and successful corporate environment. We are seeking candidates who are bright, hard-working, professional, and confident. The right person for this role will love taking ownership for their portfolio of responsibilities and will be someone who goes above and beyond to get the job done well.
- At least 1 year, and preferably 2+ years, work experience in a corporate environment, preferably in a similar junior accounting role or accounts payable function. Co-op and Internship experience will be considered.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting and Finance.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Long-term plans to enrol in CPA program and eventually achieve CPA designation.
- Interest in the fast-paced and high-change real estate sector.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are key.
- Top-notch interpersonal, written & oral communication skills are paramount in this role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-change environment.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
- Performs job duties in an accurate, detail-oriented, and productive fashion.
- Displays service excellence in dealing with internal and external parties.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, plus discretionary bonus, 3 weeks vacation, and good benefits- please discuss further with Swim.
This search is moving very quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume. Thank you!