Ekona Power is looking for a hands-on and enthusiastic Junior Accountant, interested in career growth, to provide support to the financial team by managing daily accounting tasks.
Along with our innovative technology, we are creating an inclusive and collaborative work environment where your ideas and input count. Ekona offers a flexible work schedule and benefits that include wellness for employees and their families. Our office is located in North Burnaby.
Reporting to the Controller, you confidently execute the day-to-day accounting functions required by the business under tight timelines with incredible attention to detail. You will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers paying attention to detail using mainly QBO and Excel.
If you are a self-starter that is looking for a dynamic team to grow your career, we want to hear from you!
In this role, the candidate will complete the following key responsibilities:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Prepare and record online banking transactions and monthly bank reconciliations
- Audit financial documents and procedures
- Provide full cycle Accounts Receivable, including billing collections, posting, and applying payments and monitoring receivables on a regular basis
- Provide full cycle Accounts Payable, including but not limited to, processing invoices, verifying supporting documents, reconciling monthly charges, and issuing payments
- Process bank deposits and performing related activities and banking functions
- Assist in the processing of Government funding claims
- Assist with reviewing expenses, payroll records etc.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Maintain employee, contractor, and vendor records
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for review and approval
- Prepare, file monthly GST/PST reports, and other applicable statutory reporting requirements as required
- Assist with month, and year end closings
- Assist in special projects and other duties as required
- Proven experience as a junior accountant with experience in accounting and financial reporting with a minimum of two plus years’ experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Excellent organizing abilities, great attention to detail, and good with numbers
- Graduated from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Pursuing or plans to pursue a CPA designation
- Team player, forward thinker, willingness to support all on the team
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail