As a firmware designer in the Hardware team, you will work closely with other firmware, hardware, and verification specialists throughout various stages of the hardware and firmware development cycle. You will gain exposure to various technical standards and technologies, and get to demonstrate your skills in design, development, performance tuning, and documentation. You will also be involved in research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology that will enhance new and existing products.Responsibilities:
- Design and develop system BIOS, firmware, and drivers for Linux system.
- Bring up and troubleshoot the high speed Ethernet controller, switch, and PHY chips for network connectivity under Linux system.
- Debug defective hardware by different testing configuration in verification tools.
- System performance measurement and tuning.
- 3+ years of firmware development or equivalent experience in related area.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, BIOS, Linux, Ethernet and system design.
- Familiar with Linux OS / Kernel / driver programming and debugging tools.
- Proficient in C/C++ language and x86 assembly language.
- Working history in Intel/AMD X86 embedded processor system architecture is a plus.
- Working history in implementing Ethernet device driver in an embedded system is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, with strong attention to details.
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work as a team player.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline.
Software and Programming Information Technology