Please review the job details below. Contracts/Subcontracts Specialist - GSI Position Description:
We are looking for a Contracts/Subcontracts Specialist who will work within our close-knit team. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the department, as well as handle your own contracts workload. This role will encompass the creation of contractual documents and include proofreading and editing of already-drafted documents.
You will assist with matters relating to the formation and administration of agreements required to support the company with area pursuits and active programs.
This is a great role for someone looking for someone to increase their knowledge of contract management while working with a highly knowledgeable and dedicated team. Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative tasks and provide general support for the Contracts Department
- Provide thorough and timely reviews of documents (e.g., contracts, proposals, cost estimates)
- Prepare contractual documents (e.g., Non-Disclosure Agreements, Limited Distribution Agreements, Demonstration License Agreements) for submission to other parties.
- Review and advise on contractual requirements expressed in Requests for Proposals
- In response to Requests for Proposals, prepare checklists for pursuit teams, and draft certifications and compliance statements for incorporation into the company's proposals to potential customers
- Create succinct contract summaries to enable company staff to execute contracts in accordance with specified requirements
- Prepare reports and correspondence to support internal and external compliance requirements
- Follow the company's processes (e.g., approval process, contractual guidelines) in the execution of duties and tasks
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Strong interest to work in the contractual/legal area, with the ability to manage higher-complexity contractual/legal documents on a progressive basis
- Proficient working in a Windows environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent proofreading skills, including the ability to review documents (e.g., contracts, proposals, cost estimates)
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Ability to take on multiple assignments at any given time
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to understand technical matters (e.g., company statements of work) would be an asset
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.