Position Title Job Developer (Youth) Posting Number 01802SA Location Burnaby Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range TBD Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 04/01/2023 End Date 03/31/2024 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays, Other - Occasional evenings and weekends Shift N/A Work Arrangements
This part-time (hours TBD ) position will work out of Douglas College Burnaby Training Centre. Travel throughout the Lower Mainland is required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Job Developer's role is to champion the unique goals of each participant and support them on a path to their long-term career goals. The Job Developer will liaise with employers and professional associations to set up and support participants with informational interviews, mentorship, work experience and job placement opportunities. Job Developer role assists with the facilitation of job search strategies.Responsibilities
• Assist with program marketing and participant recruitment;
• Connect with community organizations who provide referrals, wrap around supports and coordinate guest speaking workshops;
• Assist with participant needs assessments
• Maintain and build positive employer relationships;
• Assist participants with job search strategies and preparation for scheduled interviews;
• Assist employers with onboarding and the development of training;
• Monitor and provide ongoing support to participants during and after completion of program;
• Assist participants and employers to resolve issues that may arise during work experience;
• Facilitate job search strategy workshops as needed;
• Participate in local business and industry meetings (i.e. Chamber of Commerce);
• Maintain records of participant progress on CMS and provide updates through monthly reports and regular team meetings;
• Participate in regular program team meetings;
• Provide coverage for team members including facilitation for in class sessions;
• Foster positive, productive working relationships and work collaboratively to contribute to a positive work environment based on mutual respect;
• Participate in Training Group's Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015);
• Participate in Training Group's Job Developer cross-program team and lower mainland JD group.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• 2+ years Post-Secondary in marketing, sales or related area or combination of suitable work experience and education;
• Experience in employment services or marketing considered an asset;
• Awareness of the needs of multi-barriered job seekers;
• Knowledge of current local and regional economic conditions and labour market information;
• Demonstrated ability to meet targeted outcomes;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills;
• Ability to network with employers, business and industry and through professional associations;
• Established broad based employer network an asset;
• Proficiency in internet research, Microsoft Office, and social media;
• Proven ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team with capacity to take initiative and deal with changing priorities;
• Access to a vehicle and valid BC Driver's license;
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/08/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online on the Douglas College Career Site [www.douglascollegecareers.ca].
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume. Job offer is pending contract signing.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10495
Education and Training