Triangle Community Resources is seeking to fill the position for our Employment Services and Supports Program contracts in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley and Maple Ridge, BC
The Job Developer position will be part of a team that will be providing Job Development opportunities and one-on-one services for our 10-week Job Readiness Program for eligible unemployed and underemployed individuals as part of the clients specific Action Plan.
The program consists of an integrated program of Life Skills, Vocational Assessments, Career Planning, Job Readiness Skills and Job Search Skills.
- Create and provide realistic, solution focused plan of action with individuals re-entering the work force.
- One-on-one coaching for individuals after program for support and assistance in employment search, training options, assess needs and address barriers to clients goal planning.
- Assist client in finding training and/or work experience options
- Create and maintain database of potential employers seeking working relationships with our clients and employment opportunities
- Liaise with employers and training agencies to create on site job fairs, employment opportunities and panel sessions
- Market program to prospective participants, referral agencies and employers
- Create and maintain client reporting through Ministry data base for tracking purposes and statistical outcomes
- Proven certification as Career Practitioner and/or Marketing/Job Development with several years’ experience specifically working with and supporting Multi Barriered unemployed clients
- Skilled with marketing clients to potential employers and addressing barriers in non-judgemental approach
- Excellent knowledge of the Local and Provincial Labour Market, provincial and federal programming and training institutes throughout the Lower Mainland
- Excellent time management, outgoing and professional manner and good research skills
- Efficient computer and typing skills, knowledgeable with Microsoft Programs and data bases
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining the position you are applying for to Lorraine Murdoch at Lorraine@triangleresources.com . Deadline will be July 1st, 2018. Successful potential candidates will be contacted for an interview by July 5th, 2018.