6-month contract Java developer role with an enterprise organization with remote onboarding.
- 6-month Senior Java developer role
- Global enterprise organization
- Remote onboarding with work from home capabilities and office space downtown once available
What & Why:
As a result of new projects our client is looking to add a contract Java developer to the engineering team that provides tools and products for their frontline staff to use. You will be working on a 6-person team developing translation apps, streaming apps, microservices for various integrations related needs for retail systems using the latest CI/CD tools on AWS platform. You should have deep knowledge with Java 8 and have experience deploying microservices on cloud using Devops tools. You will be joining a high-profile team that is developing tools that will help drive revenue for the organization and provide information to front line staff just-in-time.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and have recently won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 is shaping up to be the largest year of their 20+ year history with major investment in technology as well as an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver with full remote capability during Covid19.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible, post-baccalaureate work experience designing, developing, and implementing computer software projects in a web services-based environment utilizing open source services framework
- 5-10 years’ experience in OO design patterns and coding best practices – mainly in Java development (Windows, Unix, Linux and MAC)
- Experienced in developing object-oriented development frameworks within Agile/Scrum, and waterfall environments
- Develops code, techniques and processes that interfaces with middleware, including: ETL, ESB, Web Services, SOAP, and XML
- Proven expertise of networking concepts/protocols –TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- 5-10 years’ experience writing SQL in one or more of the following: MS SQL, T-SQL, MySQL
- 4+ years data base design / development experience in RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle), experience with NoSQL DB design/development preferred
- Experience in ETL transformations, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Technology is a plus
- Experience & working knowledge in AWS Services (AWS Docker ECS, AWS Application load balancer, S3) is a plus
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology