140387 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This role is part of SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp). With iXp we focus on providing a best-in-class intern experience and assigning impactful projects in strategic areas of SAP’s business. iXp interns are inquisitive, capable and eager individuals, fueling the next generation of SAP.
#iXp PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Are you passionate about delivering cloud solutions that are scalable, reliable and rapid-growing? Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation Cloud Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Here, you will be operating and enhancing the application infrastructure for delivering SAP Cloud for Analytics, the next generation of enterprise software in the cloud. You will be ensuring maximum uptime to delight our rapidly growing customer base. EXPECTATION AND TASKS
• Provision, monitor and operate cloud services in a globally distributed team
• Analyze and solve operational issues, and respond to incidents
• Conduct root cause analysis and implement continuous improvements
• Partner with local product development team to design and enhance the services
• Create and improve automation for testing, deployment, scalability, management, and visibility of our services
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Currently registered in Computer Science or Engineering
• Knowledge of and experience with source control systems such as GIT, Subversion, Perforce, etc.
• Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases and programing on them
• Experiences with web services, networking and internet (DNS, TCP/IP, Apache, firewalling, Load Balancing, RESTful/OData Services, SAML SSO…) are preferred but not mandatory
• Critical thinker with a passion for engineering and service excellence
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Ability to multitask and handle various projects, deadlines and changing priorities
• Strong motivation to learn, teach and grow • Looking for someone who can commit for 8 months internship starting May 2017. SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Job Segment:
Cloud, Intern, SAP, ERP, Engineer, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering
Posted: February 24, 2017
Closes:April 10, 2017