140389 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This role is part of SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp). With iXp we focus on providing a best-in-class intern experience and assigning impactful projects in strategic areas of SAP’s business. iXp interns are inquisitive, capable and eager individuals, fueling the next generation of SAP.
#iXp #sapind Expectations & Tasks
- Among other responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and deliver LoB and industry demonstrations for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and deliver presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Research and specify customer market requirements
- Lead and support market and customer requirements investigations
You are technically proficient, very aware of technology market trends and have strong communication skills. In a fast-paced environment, you will continually be challenged. Using your strong communication and problem solving skills, you will make important contributions to SAP’s success. You enjoy helping people and are enthusiastic to learn more about SAP and analytics software.
Important focus areas for your role will include:
- Disseminating information and proving business applicability of cloud based analytics by creating SAP BusinessObjects Cloud content and demos
- Collecting, analyzing and disseminating market requirements provided through multiple channels and systems
- Sourcing and organizing analytics capability information for SAP BusinessObjects Cloud from other Product Managers, Product Experts and Development Leads to help maintain up to date Roadmap and What’s New presentations
- Managing Jam collaboration sites to disseminate information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Helping product managers organize and prioritize requirements in Jira
- Provisioning SAP BusinessObjects Cloud tenants for both internal and external trial use
These focus areas will require that you utilize your analytical, organizational, business and communication skills and undertake customer requirements prioritization challenges in your capacity as a voice of the market specialist within the team. This is an outstanding opportunity for students interested in product management, product strategy and market strategy. Skills / Competencies
- Outstanding English communication (both oral and written) skills
- Background in business intelligence, financial planning and/or data science is a plus
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Adaptable and able to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with technologies applicable to analytics and enterprise software, such as Hadoop, OLAP, RDBMS, geospatial, visualizations, predictive, set analysis, planning, etc. is an asset
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program that is applicable to this position
- Can commit for 8 months ful time internship starting May 2017
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Job Segment:
Intern, ERP, GIS, Product Manager, Entry Level, Marketing, Technology, Operations
Posted: February 24, 2017
Closes:April 10, 2017