MDA is a world leading provider of earth observation satellite ground systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and discovery of huge volumes of space-based imagery. Working in multidisciplinary and multi-level teams in an ever changing world, we deliver leading-edge technical, operational, and commercial solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe. Our mission critical systems provide the Earth Observation infrastructure that drives operational success and enables our customers to effectively utilize their space-based imagery. Come be a part of the team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world. Position Description
MDA&rsquo s IT Department is seeking an IT Technical Infrastructure Lead to join our highly talented team of IT professionals. You will be responsible for liaising with line of business and engineering project managers and leads, to analyze and identify server, network, and security system requirements, and coordinates IT resources to meet the business requirements and deliverables.
You will recommend solutions that help the business meet project objectives, and customer deliverables in alignment with MDA IT policies, guidelines, and best practices.
You will have hands on and team leadership responsibilities covering networking infrastructure, telecommunications, security, server systems, and storage technologies.
The IT Technical Infrastructure Lead role participates in the design, installation, administration, and optimizing of the technology infrastructure to support project deliverables. This role also is responsible for implementation and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the technical infrastructure environment. Primary Activities
- Deploys and delivers environments in support of business project plans and customer requirements
- Develops detailed IT work plans, milestones, schedules project estimates, resource plans and status reports
- Coordinates timetables and plans with the project manager and others within the IT group
- Ensures essential IT policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes
- Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within IT project leadership to contribute towards achieving business objectives
- Exhibits sound, confidential, and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware, voice/data networks, disaster recovery and conduct capacity planning regularly.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise of Linux/Unix in an enterprise environment
- Thorough knowledge and expertise of Windows Domain Administration and Windows in an enterprise environment
- Solid understanding of enterprise data storage and backup technology
- In-depth understanding of virtualization infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience in cloud IT infrastructure
- Good understanding of Container-as-a-Service platforms
- Understanding of security controls and standards such as NIST, CIS, SANS Critical Controls, or ISO 27001 with expertise in developing secure designs/implementations
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Senior level experience in an IT project leadership role with demonstrated execution capabilities
- Minimum 5 years managing software development, systems integration, and / or infrastructure projects in a matrix environment, preferably within a large company or consulting organization
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent related field.
- Certifications in network, server, or security technologies
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods ProgramPrimary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 15, 2017
Closes:January 7, 2018