Job Description Summary
STEMCELL is looking for an IT Support Technician to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate Information Systems (IS) team. As a member of the Infrastructure & Operations group, you will be responsible for day-to-day support, troubleshooting & deployment of business applications, IT equipment, and cloud-based apps and tools for STEMCELL's staff. This is a varied role, including direct support of common business applications & technology, along with the opportunity to learn about & support STEMCELL's business specific tools (such as lab & analytical equipment), and participate in the implementation of company-wide technology and facility projects.
A successful candidate for this role will possess a good understanding of software and hardware systems, related technologies, and have a passion for delivering consistent and excellent customer service. This role is based in Vancouver and reports to the Manager, IS Service Desk, and will work with a small motivated team based both in Vancouver and in STEMCELL's other global regions.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Receive, troubleshoot & resolve support and service requests from STEMCELL staff. We pride ourselves on providing our staff with first class assistance to resolve their issues and questions.
- Identify, solve and document root or recurring problems. Take ownership for issue resolution within our service levels, and escalate critical issues to senior management and staff.
- Keep our knowledge-base up-to-date with helpful self-service information for our staff.
- Review requests for new business applications and IT equipment. Work with our global team to fulfil these requests.
- Work with other members of the IS team to keep STEMCELL's systems updated & secure.
- Coordinate our technology providers to perform recurring maintenance on STEMCELL's IT equipment.
- Work with the IS Security team to promote information security practices throughout STEMCELL to safeguard the company, employees and systems.
- Work with your technical colleagues on STEMCELL facility expansion and corporate technology projects.
- Contribute to the documentation, and maintenance of global IT standards and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in an IT or technical customer support role. Work or co-op experience in a Systems Admin or Enterprise Service Desk role would be a strong advantage.
- Degree or diploma in a technology-related discipline, or a mix of industry certifications.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve issues and prevent their recurrence.
- Experience supporting apps & tools hosted on cloud providers or services, and delivered using a browser. STEMCELL has strong partnerships with AWS & Google; demonstrated experience would be an asset.
- Active interest in cyber security, and a motivation to learn about new technologies.
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, manage and work with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Thrive in a high paced environment with multiple competing priorities. This role requires flexibility, with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong communication & customer service skills. You will work directly with STEMCELL staff to run and support apps/tools to meet their needs.
- Curiosity to seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products or solutions.
- Confident, results-oriented individual; lead by example and demonstrate a 'can do' attitude.
- Work experience in a regulated industry like Life Sciences, Pharma or Finance would be an asset.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Biotechnology Information Technology