Information Technology Vancouver, BC, Canada
IT Support Specialist Level 2 (L2) works as part of the Global Service Management Team and is responsible for providing IT Customers with effective support and assistance across all aspects of the businesses IT needs. Additionally, they will provide support to IT Support Specialist’s L1 and L3 Team Members
The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the organisations environment, currently Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems and the Microsoft Exchange environment, plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
- Managing through to resolution, Incident and Service Request Tickets in accordance with the Sophos Incident Management Policy and Process. This includes, but is not limited to, detection, recording, analysis, diagnosis, and either resolution or escalation of tickets.
- Be an effective interface between Customers, Internal Support Teams and 3rd Service Providers.
- Ensure that the appropriate escalation processes are followed in a timely manner, ensuring that high Severity/Priority incidents are managed according to those standards.
- Ensure that Customers are kept fully informed and up to date with the status of their incidents/requests. Provide effective and timely Communications to the Business during widespread business impacts
- Ensure that all records and documents are completed in an accurate, concise and articulate way including but not limited to Incident and Service Request tickets.
- Interprets technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical Customers and provides routine training in normal usage of services and systems
- Works to ensure that Sophos’s high security standards are proactively maintained by ensuring that Customer requests are properly and appropriately validated. Additionally, all agreed Security standards and Processes are adhered to.
- Be proactive in assisting the Global Service Management Team in developing and deploying Continuous Improvement Plans for the Team and its processes.
Experience And Skills
- Previous experience working in a Help Desk L1 or L2 role providing IT Support
- Knowledge and experience working with the following: Active Directory - creating and managing users accounts, creating and managing distribution/security group, Exchange – 2013, Windows - 7,8 & 10, Hardware – Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Mobile Phones, peripherals and Security – Anti Virus, Encryption (Bitlocker), awareness in password policies and Malware.
- Knowledge and experience with Apple hardware and products strongly preferred
- Some out of hours work when necessary
- Participation in on call support rotation may be required
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), A+, or ITIL Foundation V3 in IT Service Management is an asset.
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.
Posted: November 10, 2016
Closes:December 17, 2016