West Fraser is a growing, diversified wood products company with 47 facilities in western Canada and the southern United States. North America’s largest lumber producer, West Fraser has been recognized as one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers seven times. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future.
West Fraser’s IT is continuing to grow, with multiple locations, we are larger than many startups! We are implementing new technology and the successful candidate should be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent application support services and thrives in a team-based environment. Our Information Technology group in Quesnel, BC has an opportunity for an:IT Supervisor – Financial Systems
You will work with our Financial Systems teams and closely with the business to determine their priorities and work with your team to ensure the initiatives are met as expected.Responsibilities:
- Oversees and participates in the planning, development and implementation of programming activities, applications systems and requirements standards for assigned areas, through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of the technical team
- Develops short and long-term applications systems plans that are consistent with the needs and priorities of the business
- Has responsibility to navigate complex IT organizational structures & the relationships within, negotiate between competing objectives & priorities and help resolve conflicts, while maintaining the integrity of those partnerships
- Ensures members of the team / unit receive training
- Has responsibility for application health assessments and developing plan to improve inadequate measures
- Recommends system modifications to reduce user problems and/or automate recurring support activities
- Assist in the assessment of vendor solutions and recommendations for use. Experienced with system integrations
- May assist with the configuration, design and implementation of operational and system enhancements to ensure production capabilities and system performance are both effective and efficient
- Post-Secondary degree, diploma or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading IT teams
- Experience with Oracle EBS or JD Edwards an asset
- Requires advanced technical and business knowledge in application development practices
- Ability to orchestrate and coordinate work of others
- Ability to set goals for deadlines in ways that comply with company's plans and vision
- Ability to be a hands-on Supervisor, performing work of the team when necessary to meet commitments
- Excellent management skills with the ability to perform in a challenging, but collaborative, work environment, with individuals from across the organization with diverse interests and concerns
- Advanced levels of analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking & communication skills
- Working knowledge of multi-tier environment, enterprise middleware and web applications: client-side, server-side, and relational database
- Understanding of Software Architecture, Design Patterns, and Middleware
- Ability to communicate, develop and leverage business relationships across the organization and externally
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
- Project management experience a preference
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time, long-term career in a modern mill environment. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Safety is one of West Fraser’s core values and our employees can expect a challenging, stable work environment with career development opportunities.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by submitting your resume and cover letter at www.westfraser.com/jobsWe thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.