In West Vancouver Schools, we set high expectations for our more than 7,200 students who come from the District of West Vancouver, the Squamish Nation, the Village of Lions Bay and across the water from Bowen Island. We aspire to be the finest education system in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world.
We are expanding our IT team to ensure our technology systems and infrastructure are aligned with the evolving needs of the district. To this end, we are looking to increase our team’s experience base by adding a brand-new position. This position provides a junior level management opportunity to support and lead a dedicated staff of Information Technology specialists that take great pride in providing educational technology support to our schools and our staff.
This role is ideal for IT professionals who are eager to lead and learn alongside our team of dedicated IT professionals. Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead day-to-day management of all IT infrastructure including but not limited to servers, storage, networking (wired and wireless), routers and security appliances, including supporting software.
- Lead and participate in IT infrastructure and deployment projects.
- Provides day-to-day guidance, support and direction to IT team members
- Responsible for overseeing the management and direction of the IT team
- Provides tier 2 support for IT Infrastructure services consumed by West Vancouver District employees, partners, vendors and customers.
- Takes ownership of all service requests, change requests and projects.
- Ensures IT infrastructure service availability and performance targets are maintained.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all IT Infrastructure hardware, software and maintenance agreements.
- Creates and maintains supporting documentation, including but not limited to Layer 2/3 network diagrams, data flow diagrams, build/configuration and disaster recovery plans etc.
- Continually strives to reduce customer-impacting outages/degradation.
- Streamline processes and continuously improve team efficiency in supporting service to our users.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 + years experience as Infrastructure Lead ideally within distributed multi-site organization.
- 3 + years experience managing technical team, contractors, vendors, etc.preferably in a unionized work environment
- Experience managing a service desk environment.
- Self-starter with ability to organize daily tasks, work independently and lead the IT team and operation
- Experience managing a range of IT infrastructure services (networking, LAN, WAN, servers, storage, wireless networking).
- Experience with Palo Alto, Aruba, Cisco, Lenovo, Mitel VOIP, Nimble, Synology, VEEAM, SCCM, JIRA Service Desk, FortiNAC, PRTG.
- Experience across infrastructure technology stack including cloud technologies, end-user computing, MS Office 365, MS Teams, Azure, Windows Server, VMWare, Google Workspace, Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, JAMF Pro, Microsoft Intune.
- Experience with deploying and managing large web server infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of system vulnerabilities, endpoint security, system, and patch management.
- Ability to communicate and provide support to customers on a timely and professional manner.
- Strong customer service, ownership, bias for action and ability to deliver results.
- Experience with PMP/Prince2 project management methodologies and processes.
- Proven ability to mentor and guide user and IT team members.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or relevant experience.
- Technical certifications: ITIL, MCSA, MCSE, Network+, Security+, CCNA, VCP, or equivalent.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
If you have any questions, please email Stephanie Mascoe at firstname.lastname@example.org
The District offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume via Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3pElKTD by no later than 1:00pm Friday June 18, 2021. Please note that email and fax applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicants not currently employed by West Vancouver Schools are required to sign a “consent for Criminal Record Search” to permit a criminal record review. Only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.