ITS Security Specialist
Do not overlook an opportunity to work in IT for one of Canada's top employers. BlueShore Financial has been on Aon's Top 50 Employer list for 8 years in a row and offers excellent workklife balance and continued development opportunities.
Cyber security is one of the most important concerns all organization face in the digital era we all live in. The security of information we possess is integral to the trust we have with our clients and community we serve. In this critical role, the ITS Security Specialist is responsible for the management, improvement and maintenance of BlueShore Financial’s information technology (IT) security infrastructure to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Manages and maintains BlueShore’s Cybersecurity Framework; includes firewall configuration, maintenance, and monitoring; virus management and intrusion prevention and detection.
- Manages and maintains security dashboards to provide management and stakeholders with information on key metrics such as identifying historical trends, areas of risk/gaps, violations and/or improvements.
- Reviews daily security event logs and manages/ascertains appropriate remediation activities.
- Monitors and responds to security alerts and anomalies from security infrastructure management systems by following proper Information Technology Solutions (ITS) standard operations procedures and escalation protocols.
- Performs root cause analysis (identify, analyze, remediate and mitigate) of critical events in support of continuous threat prevention initiatives; ensuring existing processes are viable and sustainable.
- Collaborates with ITS team and partners to optimize and manage security analysis tools to improve its effectiveness – reduce false positives and improve threat detection.
- Works with all BlueShore Financial’s stakeholders to ensure proper security protocols (policies and procedures) are adhered to at all times. Follows up with managers as required if IT security breaches are discovered.
- Performs annual security policy reviews; makes recommendations for changes to policy; updates and collaborates with key stakeholders to roll out and communicate changes.
- Maintains awareness of current security threat landscape, regulatory compliance requirements and new developments in information security. Relates trends back to BlueShore and/or corporate objectives; makes recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluates and recommends security products, services and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness while keeping in mind business objectives, strategy and regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with Learning team to educate users about IT/digital security.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Security as needed on policy/procedures changes or other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years’ directly-related experience in an IT security role
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/computer science or Diploma in technology plus additional directly related experience (in addition to above requirements)
- Security certification (CISSP, SSCP, GIAC Security Essentials, CompTIA Security +) obtained or working towards
What can BlueShore Financial can do for you?
- Continuing education assistance. We want you to keep developing.
- A Performance Reward Program which pays a variable cash reward program recognizing the achievement of corporate, team and individual goals.
- Opportunity to work in a world class, award winning organization.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits.
What BlueShore Financial needs from you:
- Accountability, in all directions.
- A proactive, self starter with a “Can Do” attitude.
- Goal-oriented and driven to meet objectives.
Be Richly Valued. At BlueShore Financial, our employees are as important as our clients. We strive to create a workplace culture of openness, empowerment, trust and passion. Our values unite our organization and are our guiding compass. But it is our exceptional staff that bring our corporate values to life. They are passionate about delivering exceptional client service and a banking experience that promises to impress. And this level of engagement shows. We've been formally recognized making Aon's "50 Best Employers in Canada" list eight years in a row and as one of "Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures" in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital.
From the moment you walk into one of our Financial Spas™, you’ll know you’ve arrived at a special place, where all the elements work together to stimulate the senses and create a distinctive atmosphere unlike any financial institution you’ve experienced. We embrace the west coast lifestyle, while providing a premium and sophisticated experience for our clients and employees. You may not recognize us, but we've been serving the lower mainland for almost 75 years! But this isn’t the Credit Union of your childhood.
Got awards? At BlueShore Financial we are constantly innovating, connecting and improving to deliver exceptional client and employee experiences. As a result, we have grown to become an award winning organization, garnering both local and national attention for our progressive practices.