Thomson Technology Power System ULC, a division of Regal Beloit Corporation, specializes in the design and manufacturing of Power Generation Controls and Switchgear. Thomson Power Systems products are currently operating in conjunction with power generation systems around the world.
Thomson Technology Power System ULC has an opening for a IT PC Technician reporting to the Senior IT Infrastructure Administrator. This is a temporary contract position for 12 months, but may have an opportunity to become a full-time employee should needs arise.
Job Description includes but not limited to the following:
- Supporting users by installing, configuring, diagnosing, analyzing hardware and software, performing both periodic and emergency maintenance.
- Experience with personal computers and strong troubleshooting methodology
- Update, create and maintain support documentation and incidents using company ticketing system
- Willing to make decisions and actions to solve issues, prioritize issues according to business needs, and know when and how to escalate an issue in the support chain.
- Solid knowledge of PC hardware and the ability to set up, configure, clone and rebuild workstations and laptops
- Familiar with Lenovo and Dell Workstations and laptops, HP printers and Fax machines
- Understand the basic concepts of networking and IP addressing
- Self-motivated, results driven and professional
- Good listener, who communicates efficiently and effectively
- Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to cross reference information for accuracy
- Possess investigative skills
- Positively accept and adapt to change
- Good organization and time management skills
- A desire to learn in a fast-paced environment.In
- Diploma or equivalent business experience with appropriate certifications in Information technology
The candidate must be able to move, carry and manipulate equipment up to 50 pounds
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Connect with employer:
About Thomson Power Systems
Thomson Power Systems was formed in 1973 and is now one of the leading manufacturers of electrical products and systems for use in the Power Generation Industry. The company specializes in the desi...