Are you a Software Programmer, Web Developer, Database Management Specialist, IT Support Technician or QA Automation Tester? We offer a FREE customized job readiness skills training program which will prepare you for a job in the ICT industry.
Project Based Training – Information & Communication Technology program offers 4 weeks of comprehensive training to address the skills gap between IT professionals and IT employers’ expectations. Training is provided by a combination of SUCCESS Career Development Practitioners and qualified Instructors from the ICT field. This is followed by 4 weeks of individualized coaching and intensive job search support. By incorporating best practices, the program helps participants gain the necessary skills aligning with the needs of local employers.
Topics for ICT Sector - Specific Skills Training
• Canadian Workplace Culture & Communications
• Social Media Workshop
• ICT Resume (Workshop and Critique)
• ICT Interview & Communication Skills (Preparation and Mock Interviews)
• Bonus - SCRUM Fundamentals & Certification
Job Readiness Skills Training
• Career & Personality Assessments
• Current Labour Market information
• Goal Setting & Time Management
• Cover Letter and Thank You Letter
• Job Search Strategies; Networking and Cold Calling
• Stress Management & Employer Expectations
• Transportation costs for Training and Job Interviews
• Admission fee for Tech Networking Events or Complimentary Tickets
• Field Trips to IT Recruiters and Employers
• Guest Speakers
• A Canadian or Permanent Resident
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Unemployed and Non-EI eligible
• Working less than 20 hours per week
• Not received regular EI in the past 3 years
• Not received parental / maternity EI in the past 5 years
• Not currently in high school or post-secondary courses (evening/weekend/online courses are acceptable)
• Not currently participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program
Next cohort start date: May 7, 2018
Location: #218 - 3665 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC (Boundary and Kingsway)
Limited seats available. Please email ICT.PBT@success.bc.ca, or call 778-819-0728, ext. 1001 to register for an upcoming Information Session.
Connect with employer:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Project Based Training (PBT) aims to address the skills gap between targeted participants and employer expectations. By incorporating best practices, the project supports participan...