ISL 27R - Senior Technical Analyst, Corporate IT
Information Systems R27
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA (Primary)
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Liquor Distribution Branch
Ministry Branch / Division
BC Liquor Distribution Branch
Job Summary Senior Technical Analyst, Corporate IT
Information Systems R27
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 14 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The information technology (IT) team is highly customer focused and directly supports four distinct lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, cannabis, and corporate. These line of business IT teams are supported overall by both a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Technical Officer and their respective departments to ensure the organization prioritizes security and innovation.
At present the technology team consists of more than 200 full-time employees and has also adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages external expertise, Cloud SaaS based services and government shared services as appropriate.
The teams integrate, maintain and enhance more than 80 business systems on a hybrid on-premises and cloud infrastructure. These include:
- Merchandising and retail store systems that process 40 million plus customer transactions per year.
- Wholesale, distribution and warehouse systems that enable the movement of 17 million plus cases per year.
- Corporate finance systems to service an annual budget of approximately $3 billion and HR and payroll systems to service more than 5000 employees.
Reporting to the Manager, Service Operations, the Senior Technical Analyst manages the acquisition and servicing of infrastructure technology products and related services, develop and establish computer systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards and provide advice and counsel branch staff, clients and vendors. Provides advice on more complex issues with end user technology and desing complex management systems for both physical and virtual infrastructure. The Senior Technical Analyst will also provide Tier 1-2 application support and coordinate with various IT LOB systems analyst groups to quickly resolve business impacting issues. Uses ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, Asset, and Projects.
A criminal record check is required.
Available 24 X 7 for critical incident response.
Ability to lift equipment up to 25 kgs.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established.
For all IT postings:Consider an IM/IT Career with the BC Public Service:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/careers-myhr/job-seekers/featured-careers/it Position Requirements:Education and Experience:
A diploma or degree in computer science or related discipline with three (3) years of recent related experience*.
A combination of education, training and / or experience may be considered, i.e., four (4) years of recent related experience* with formal course work and/or certificates.
*Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 5 years and must include the following:
- Experience managing technical projects, i.e., developing action/project plans, assigning resources, and leading project teams etc.
- Experience providing technical recommendations/solutions based on business requirements and needs i.e., cloud application services, infrastructure design, vender engagement etc.
- Experience in implementation, design and/or maintenance of Virtual Technologies, such as VMware, Citrix and/or Network, VLAN, vRouters/switches and/or virtual firewall.
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following experience:
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
- Experience providing leadership/supervision and coaching to IT staff and/or consultants.
- Experience coordinating resolution of business system outages, maintenance, implementation etc. i.e., ITSM, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) etc.
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Resolving and troubleshooting complex technical problems for both hardware and software.
- Experience with Tier 1/2 Business application support.
- Experience gathering metrics and/or producing report e.g. KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports
- Experience with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Experience using end user device management system- e.g. Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and/or Azure Intune.
- Experience with help desk call tracking and/or IT service management (ITSM) software
- Experience with establishing and promoting software delivery, software library and asset management processes.
- Experience with virtual private network (VPN) and/or remote desktop configuration service (RDCS).
- Experience in deployment and/or support of Windows and/or Mac OS X in a Windows networking environment.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Vicky Hanlon, HR Advisor, Talent & Compensation at 604-252-8537.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you.Note:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive