ISL 27R - Senior Programmer Analyst - POSTING LOCATIONS AMENDED
Information Systems R27
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Land,Water,ResourceStewardship
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Senior Programmer Analyst
Information Systems R27
Currently there are 2 permanent opportunities available.
This position can be worked from the following communities: Kamloops, Kelowna, Nanaimo, Prince George, Vancouver, or Victoria.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
The recruitment process for this competition may take place virtually.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity to apply your programming skills in an Agile team environment
The Natural Resource Information & Digital Services Division (NRIDS) is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRM (Natural Resource Ministries)through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). The NRIDS Division is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
As a Senior Programmer Analyst, you will be part of a dynamic application development teams involved with application development lifecycle and planning, designing, developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining mission critical applications of significant complexity (multiple platforms, environments and technologies requiring integration of new and legacy systems). If you are experienced with structured and object-oriented programming in a complex rules-based environment, as well as leading and participating in product teams, then we encourage you to apply for this position.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Adam.Dewey@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:Education
• Undergraduate Degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline and 2 years of related experience*; OR
• Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline and 3 years of related experience*; OR
• or an equivalent combination of education, training and 4 years of related experience* may be considered.*Related experience includes the following:
• Experience with structured and object orientated programming in a complex rules-based environment.
• Experience leading and participating in product teams including product owners, application developers, business area users and technical resources.
• Experience working with a broad number of application development and deployment tools.
• Experience in data modelling, process modelling, and/or business area analysis techniques.Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more of the following:
• Experience with enterprise relational database systems & tools (e.g., Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
• Experience working in an Agile Team.
• Experience working with containerized environments (e.g., OpenShift, Docker, PodMan).
• Experience developing applications in a Java over Oracle Enterprise environment .
• Experience with Automation Tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Python, scripting).Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive