ISL 27R - Senior Data Architect
Information Systems R27
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$72,724.97 - $ 83,014.85 annually plus Grid 27, 9.9% TMA
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Land,Water,ResourceStewardship
Ministry Branch / Division
Architecture & Business Strategy/Natural Resource Information & Digital Services
Job Summary Senior Data Architect
Information Systems R27
Currently there is 1 permanent opportunity available.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
The recruitment process for this competition may take place virtually.
The locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working from that location could be considered.
On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
British Columbia's Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) are the stewards of the Province's Crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. To support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province's NRM must transform in order to advance the shared management of British Columbia's natural resources.
Natural Resource Information & Digital Services (NRIDS) is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRM through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). NRIDS provides leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
Natural Resource IM/IT Architects are leaders and technical experts who deliver the enterprise's architecture in the domains of Business Architecture, Data Architecture and Solution Architecture. They collaborate with staff, stakeholders, and partners to keep the architecture current and flexible in the face of emerging innovations and new government strategies. Data Architects are responsible for managing the design, integrity, availability and efficient use of data and information systems.
This position provides expert data analysis, data design, data modelling, data integration and data quality services to the Natural Resource Ministries. This position develops data architecture, data standards and data policies to ensure integrity for the sector data resource, and to provide leadership in managing information as a valuable, sustainable asset.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Glenna.Boughton@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:Education and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field and two (2) years related experience*, OR
• Diploma in Computer Science or related field and three (3) years related experience*. OR
• A combination of relevant education and related experience* may be considered.*Related experience must have occurred within the last seven (7)years and must include:
• Experience in data architecture such as information resource management, corporate data design, relational and/or object data modeling, data analysis, data warehousing and/or business area analysis techniques, data management principles, structured analysis and design, and standards development.Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more of the following:
• Experience in understanding and designing data integration patterns.
• Experience in data visualization, analytics, and reporting platforms.
• Experience with geospatial data and technologies.
• Experience working with Agile teams.
• Experience working with natural resource data.
• Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive