ISL 27R - Senior Business Systems Analyst Position Classification
Information Systems R27 Union
Burnaby, BC V8J 1O1 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$71,298.93 to $81,387.14 per annum PLUS 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment ($76,004.55 to $86, 758.61) Close Date
6/7/2020 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Liquor Distribution Branch Ministry Branch / Division
BC Liquor Distribution Branch Job Summary Senior Business System Analyst
Information Systems R27Temporary, Full-Time, Greater than 7 months, BurnabyIS R27 $71,298.93 to $81,387.14 per annum PLUS 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment ($76,004.55 to $86, 758.61)
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The LDB's Information Technology Division consists of seven departments and 23 distinctive units, with 200+ FTEs. IT has adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages a combination of internal and external expertise, including outsourced services, contracted services and shared services, to deliver the IT mandate of supporting current operations and future business needs. Strategic plans, governance of standards and risk management are all developed internally to support Divisional and Corporate goals.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst leads the analysis and provides consulting services to plan on-going business and technology needs consistent with BC Liquor Distribution Branch's strategic plans.
This position serves as a liaison between lines of business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. This position possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT and Business Technology systems and capabilities. This position analyses lines of business operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. This position assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. This position educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. This position negotiates agreements and commitments to business partners by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. This position possesses an understanding of E-commerce Systems, Omni channel digital technology and digital ecosystem trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to supported business units to improve operations and enhance the LDB's competitive edge. This position may make recommendations to buy versus build decision.
This position evaluates business systems varying in complexity and business significance and ensures clients requirements and priorities are understood and met throughout the systems development life cycle. This position is responsible to know and understand industry best practices and approaches to business challenges and their relation to systems solution. The position is responsible for completing detailed end-to-end business analysis, obtaining clear definition of business requirements and translating them into functional specifications, developing cost-benefit/alternative analysis, risk assessments, recommendations, and preparing branch standard documentation. The position also identifies time frames, resources/ budget requirements and presents findings to both IT and Business Leaders.
Please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how you meet the qualifications necessary for this position
. This information may be used as part of the selection process.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunitiesmay be established. A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lily Cheung, Product Manager, IT Corporate, Information Technology by phone at 604 252-6270.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com Qualifications:
Education & Experience:
Degree or diploma in Computer Science or related discipline and/or certification in business analysis (e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certified Competency in Business Analysis) combined with a minimum of six years of recent, related experience*.
An equivalent combination of education, training and recent, related experience* may be considered, i.e., 8 years of recent related experience* with formal course work and/or certifications.
*Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 10 years and must include the following:
- Business analysis including working with business users and subject matter experts to produce requirements, gap analysis, business process design, business rules and other work product analysis.
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle and systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with ERP Financial systems and its integration with:
- Internal systems and processes such as distribution warehouse, point of sale, and ecommerce systems, etc.
- External systems and processes such as banking and vendor reporting systems, etc.
- Experience with applications and business processes such as purchasing, order management, payment inventory, valuation and financial reporting.
Preference may be given to those candidates with experience with the following:
- Branch and government business systems and processes (i.e. RFP, budgeting)
- Experience in a regulated industry
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, ecommerce web platforms and digital ecosystems
- Expert knowledge of the following tools: MS Office, MS Project, VISIO
- Knowledge of IT systems and trends in information technology
- Knowledge of business modelling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis methodology
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal /relationship management skills to gain acceptance from all levels within the organization of planning strategies, recommended solutions and getting agreement on priorities and requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex information effectively at all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.
- Strong ability to produce detailed written documentation.
Information Management/Information Technology