ISL 27R - Programmer Analyst, Consumer Protection BC Position Classification
Information Systems R27 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$ 86,425.47 - $98,854.82 annually Close Date
3/22/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Other Public Sector Ministry Branch / Division
Consumer Protection BC Job Summary
A career at Consumer Protection BC puts you at the centre of a highly valued marketplace guardian. Our vision is for all citizens of British Columbia to feel empowered in their transactions as a result of rigorous and consistent business compliance and through the provision of solution-based information. We believe in engaging, educating, empowering and enforcing to build a stronger marketplace in the province of BC.
If you're looking for an opportunity to help make a difference in the community, we invite you to explore the possibilities with us. We offer competitive benefits and pension plan, access to training and development opportunities and the chance to work with a team of passionate professionals committed to making a difference. Please review our current vacancies below.Programmer/AnalystConsumer Protection BCis looking fora Programmer/Analyst to join our team!
We are always looking for talented people to work with us in this important position within our organization. If you think you are interested in the role, review the complete job description and apply online by uploading your resume (no headshots, please) and cover letter to our Applicant Portal. An eligibility list may be established.
Note: We do not accept applications by email. Any applications without a cover letter submitted by the closing date will not be considered.The successful applicant, upon conditional acceptance, will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status.A day in the life:
Today is an 'in office day' so upon entering the office, you grab a cup of coffee and have a quick chat with your coworkers before settling in for a new day of meaningful work. Looking at your Outlook calendar, today you will be working with the Business Practices & Classification team, exploring how to improve their processes from a technical perspective. At lunch you join your co-workers for a potluck to raise funds for a local charity. For the afternoon, you are completing an important work order by debugging a license renewal.
In between your scheduled work and meetings, you are regularly help solve complex problems that save everyone around you time and headaches. You saved some time towards the end of the day to research some of the latest best practices in the field as you and highlight some of your takeaways to share at the next team meeting.
As you head out the door, you feel a great deal of satisfaction, knowing that your work has a significant impact and is part of a bigger picture. Being involved in projects that require you to think outside the box and be challenged with creative solutions. You appreciate the ability to be involved with other departments and appreciate the opportunity to learn something new every single day.Who you are:
What you will be doing:
- A team player with the ability to influence and persuade others, maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
- An engaged professional with the ability to reference and interpret changing IT landscapes and procedures to determine an appropriate course of action.
- A detail-oriented employee with the skills to organize and manage a high-volume workload while adjusting to changing priorities.
We are looking for people who have:
- Leading the technical design, development, integration and implementation of custom applications and the development, testing and implementation of user and system interfaces and designs.
- Participating in the maintenance of software development standards while ensuring compliance and making recommendations regarding the approval of exceptions.
- Designing, developing, and testing application solutions to ensure specific design requirements are adhered to and meet stringent functional and performance specifications.
- Ensuring interoperability within a complex multi-faceted environment, including performance, security, stability, resource requirements, support requirements and monitoring.
- Designing, developing, and documenting business system and procedural specifications and ongoing operational methods and ensuring implications of enhanced applications are understood both by users and other systems professionals.
Wondering if we are a good fit for each other?
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g., information technology, computer science and/or several years' directly related experience and/or a combination of formal training and experience.
- Three or more years experience on system application projects using Microsoft .Net, Web services, SQL server and Microsoft Office Suite, including Project and Visio.
- Three or more years in development of business and system requirements for web and mobile applications.
There are lots of ways for you to decide if we are a good fit for each other. Look through our website to find out more about what we do and to learn more about our corporate values and our perks and benefits. Read "The Right Fit", our HR & Culture blog to learn about our corporate culture and get tips to ace your interview.And watch this short video to hear from your potential boss!
Please contact us at email@example.com
with questions.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive