ISL 24R - Technical Business Analyst Position Classification
Information Systems R24 Union
GEU Work Options
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$78,729.94 - $89,687.19 annually which includes a 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment* Close Date
9/28/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
Data Management and Stewardship Job Summary A rewarding IT career in a dynamic team environment
The Health Sector Information, Analysis and Reporting Division (HSIAR) sets the foundation for the delivery of high-quality health sector information, analytics and reporting. The Division leads key information management functions including data stewardship, governance, security, access, analytics and reporting, quality assurance, performance measurement and evaluations functions. HSIAR sets out to exercise effective governance over data resources, while enabling timely and secure access to data; to support an integrated, modernized model of information sharing across the health sector. The Division leads the application of the overarching provincial analytic strategy, performing a comprehensive, integrated analysis of health sector performance, to ensure a consistent, client-centered and timely approach to health system measurement.
The Data Management and Stewardship Branch (DMS) provides leadership in the use of, and access to, health data to support: evidence-informed decisions; policy; analysis; and research directed to achieving improvements in health outcomes. The branch is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic vision for health secondary data management and data security, ensuring that ministry data assets are appropriately managed and effectively leveraged.
This position will provide technology planning, business analysis, systems design and client support services. The Technical Business Analyst provides technical and project management expertise for multiple, concurrent, medium sized projects from initiation to completion.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or other related discipline and a minimum of 1-years of related experience; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or other related discipline and a minimum of 3-years of related experience; OR
- Certificate in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or other related discipline and a minimum of 5-years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
Related experience must include:
- Experience providing technical business analysis related to integrated custom applications with complex business processes.
- Experience engaging with technical stakeholders and clients.
Preference may be given to candidates with 1 or more of the following:
- Experience leading projects, including documenting project plans, and presenting status reports.
- Experience supporting change management processes.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Kyle.Schembri@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 5 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
This position can be based in any of the following Health offices: Vancouver, VictoriaMinistry of Health offices at 1515 Blanshard St.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
Please refer to MyHR for more information on Temporary Market Adjustments .Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer. How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive