ISL 24R - Field Technology Services Analyst
Information Systems R24
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA (Primary)
$69,185.43 - $ 78,814.47 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Land,Water,ResourceStewardship
Ministry Branch / Division
Radio, Technology & Field Services/Natural Resource Information & Digital Services
Job Summary Field Technology Services AnalystInformation Systems R24
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
British Columbia's Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) are the stewards of the Province's Crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. In order to support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province's NRM must transform in order to advance the shared management of British Columbia's natural resources.
Natural Resource Information & Digital Services (NRIDS) is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRM through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). NRIDS is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
The Field Technology Services Analyst provides a combination of technical leadership and business analysis for critical local and remote field locations for the Natural Resource Ministries (AGRI, EMPR, ENV, FLNR, & MIRR). The technical work is focused on the design, configuration, and management of complex hardware/software configuration for the resource sector which has emergency field operations in remote locations with significant urgency and staff safety considerations.
The business analysis function is focused on providing technology planning/solutions, including facilitating the design, implementation, leading projects, quality assurance and testing line of business applications for either a smaller number of users, or for deployment across the ministry for a unique line of business application.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Dan.Stoelwinder@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more of the following:
- Degree in the Information Management/Information Technology Field or equivalent and 2 years of recent (within the last 5years) related IT experience; OR
- Diploma in the Information Management/Information Technology Field or equivalent and 4 years of recent (within the last 7 years) related IT experience; OR
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and 6 years of recent (within the last 10 years) related IT experience.
- Experience with computer hardware, software, and security administration.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, maintenance, and problem resolution of IT hardware, software, operating systems, and network components.
- A minimum of 2 years experience providing direct technical client service.
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence in good standing.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- iStore experience.
- Satellite Internet support experience.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive