ISL 24R - Data Architect
Information Systems R24
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Water,Land,ResourceStewardship
Ministry Branch / Division
Architecture & Business Strategy/Natural Resource Information & Digital Services
Job Summary Contribute your valued expertise in strategy, design and service delivery to this fast-paced opportunity
British Columbia's Natural Resource Ministries (NRMs) are the stewards of the Province's crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. In order to support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province's NRMs are transforming to advance the shared management of British Columbia's natural resources.
Natural Resource Information and Digital Service (NRIDS) is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRMs through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). NRIDS provides leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRMs.
Natural Resource IM/IT Architects are leaders and technical experts who deliver the enterprise's architecture in the domains of Business Architecture, Data Architecture and Solution Architecture. They collaborate with staff and stakeholders to keep the architecture current in the face of emerging innovations and new government strategies. Data Architects are responsible for managing the design, integrity, availability and efficient use of data and information systems.
The purpose of this position is toprovide data analysis, data design, data modeling and data quality services to the Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) including technical guidance, consultation, technology research, development and implementation on data standards and policy.Job Requirements:
Experience must include:
- Degree, diploma, or certification in computer science, resource management or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants with experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience developing, evaluating or managing data models.
- Experience working with relational database management systems.
- Experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience applying data management principles, practices and standards.
- Experience practicing data analysis or business analysis.
- Two years or more experience developing, evaluating or managing data models.
- Two years or more experience working with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience with data integration/exchange practices (e.g., API, ETL).
- Experience working in an Agile team environment.
- Experience working with semi-structured/unstructured data (e.g., JSON, file based).
- Experience working with Natural Resource data.
- Experience working in enterprise IM/IT environments.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jason.Kubian@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
This position can be performed from any of the following communities:Victoria, Prince George, Kamloops, Vancouver, Nanaimo, Surrey, Burnaby or Kelowna.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here! Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a basic questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive