ISL 24R - Business Analyst
Information Systems R24
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services
Ministry Branch / Division
IDIM - Service BC
Job Summary Business Analyst
Information Systems R24
This is a temporary opportunity until March 2025.
This temporary appointment may be extended or may become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
Service BC Division is government's leading provider of citizen- and business-centred services. Through our province-wide network of over 60 in-person service centres and a province-wide Contact Centre, we provide over 600 services on behalf of close to 40 partner ministries and agencies.
Through BC Registries and Online Services, we provide trusted registry services including the Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, Manufactured Home Registry, OneStop Business Registry and BC Online. We also have an important mandate to deliver secure and privacy-enhancing identity services for citizens and businesses, through the Provincial Identity and Information Management Program, to support access to digital government services and information.
Within Service BC Division, our people and our culture are important to us. We look for people who are motivated to deliver an excellent service experience to citizens, businesses, colleagues, peers, clients and partners. Our vision is to deliver innovation, value, and service excellence to the citizens of British Columbia and our aspirational goal is to become a best-in-class public service delivery organization. We believe in being kind and helpful, and we are committed to delivering "Service with Heart".
The Business Analyst, provides technology planning, business analysis, systems design and client support services. This position additionally provides technical and project management expertise for multiple, concurrent, medium sized projects from initiation to completion.
If you thrive in an environment dedicated to cooperation and teamwork, and enjoy working towards group and organizational goals, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Adrienne.Roler@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science, business analysis, risk management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years' experience performing business analysis activities in an information technology (IT) environment.
• Experience providing business analysis related to integrated custom applications with complex business processes.
• Experience writing business and technical documentation, and developing business processes in an information technology (IT) environment.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive