ISL 24R - Business Analyst - *closing date extended* Position Classification
Information Systems R24 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$65,252.73 - $74,396.51 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
8/16/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Attorney General Ministry Branch / Division
Legal Services Branch Job Summary Business Analyst
Information Systems R24
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The Attorney General is the legal advisor to the government of British Columbia and is charged with ensuring that the administration of public affairs is carried out in accordance with the law. The Ministry of Attorney General is structured to carry out this mandate under the direction of the Attorney General, and Legal Services Branch (LSB) supports the Ministry in fulfilling this mandate by serving as legal advisor to government in civil law matters. LSB provides legal advice to government and ensures that legal risks associated with government operations are reduced. LSB's clients include all ministries of the government, Cabinet and certain public agencies.
The Legal Technology Unit has specific responsibility for Legal Services Branch and provides expert advice and manages all aspects of the Legal Services Branch's Information Management/Information Technology, including daily business operations, the maintenance and support for line-of-business applications, the enterprise technical architecture and platforms, security administration, change management processes, and technical project management services.
The Business Analyst delivers technology planning, business analysis, systems design and client support systems to a wide range of clients. This encompasses conducting technology planning sessions with clients; researching and developing business cases; translating business processes into technical specifications; and managing assigned financial resources. The Business Analyst provides technical and project management expertise for multiple, concurrent projects, develops and reviews project plans, and monitors and controls project progress.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your IT project and change management skills and work in an interesting, challenging BC Public Service role.If you are anexperienced Business Analyst who is innovative, results-oriented and an effective communicator that enjoys collaborating with stakeholders to solve problems and develop effective business cases, we look forward to your application.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career.Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Binita.Sondagar@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following:
- Diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field and at least (3)three years work experience;OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, training and a minimumof (4) four years work experience.
- At least (2)twoyears of work experience in change management processes and project management methodologies.
- At least (2)twoyears of work experience in the installation, configuration, maintenance and problem resolution of hardware, software, operating systems and network components.
- Experience consulting with and providing advice to executive level clients.
- Demonstrated experience with contract management.
- Demonstrated experience working in a legal field or environment.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) and Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
:Cover letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology