ISL 18R - Service Desk Analyst
Information Systems R18
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$58,319.24 - $66,096.20 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Education and Child Care
Ministry Branch / Division
Services & Technology
Job Summary Bring your in-depth knowledge and experience with IT change control to this opportunity
The Service Desk Analystprovides technical support by receiving, diagnosing, and/or escalating service requests to resolve complex software and hardware problems.
If you thrive in an environment dedicated to cooperation and teamwork, and enjoy working towards group and organizational goals, we look forward to your application.Job Requirements:
- Certificate or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience working with information technology.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience providing customer support services.
- Experience working with a large scale service desk.
- Experience helping end users to use and understand computer hardware and software.
- Technical certifications (CompTIA A+, ITIL, Microsoft Certifications).
For questions regarding this position, please contact John.Chow@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
There are currently 2 positions available as follows:
1 regular, full time position.
1 temporary opportunity until approximately July 2023 which may be extended and or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year
) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive