Since our humble beginnings back in 2003, relationships have been at the core of this company. We’re all about bringing great people together, and that all starts right here, with the employees of PlentyOfFish. We’re a team of passionate, driven individuals who are dedicated to helping people all over the world find love.
Every day, over 4 million people trust us to help them meet someone special by using our service, and we take that responsibility very seriously. The scale of our products may be tremendous, but our commitment to helping each of our 80+ employees reach their highest potential is unwavering.
At PlentyOfFish we work hard, take risks, and make a real difference in the world, but make sure to leave some time for fun in the process. We organize team-building activities, volunteer in our community, and even celebrate staff birthdays and milestones. Every year, the entire team is invited to a weekend-long retreat to celebrate the holiday season.
The industry of online dating is constantly evolving, and so is our business. PlentyOfFish is credited as a true pioneer in free dating, but we have our sights set on our exciting new phase of growth as we lay the foundation for years to come. Join us!
Today, we are looking for a talented iOS Developer to join our team. We develop native apps that are used by millions of users every day and our environment is highly collaborative. If you’re smart, love coffee (the iOS team goes for coffee every morning, but we can love a tea drinker too!) and have a can-do attitude, we want you!
So, what will you do?
- Work with a talented team of mobile developers to create apps that encourage social interactions and help form real relationships
- Maintain and develop new features for POF Universal iOS app used by millions of users across the globe.
- Ensure applications are maintained with optimal performance and scalability
- You will work within our small development team, part of the full product cycle making decisions and building high quality software that changes the way millions of people use their mobile devices
- Participate in a highly collaborative environment, we want you to share your expertise, making everyone else better and facilitating constant learning
What does our target candidate look like?
- BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- Good foundation in software design/architecture
- 3+ Experience working with iOS
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience of doing mobile development on the iOS platform
- Shipped at least 1 app to the AppStore
- Strong grasp of Objective C
- In-depth knowledge of common iOS design patterns, memory management, UX, and best practices.
- Understanding and knowledge of Apple’s human interface guidelines
- Good knowledge of GCD, CoreData, UIKit, StoreKit etc.
- Experience of building apps consuming REST APIs
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Capable of multitasking and ability to manage own tasks
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio of apps to show us!
Bonus points for:
- Some experience coding in Swift
- Exposure to Git and Atlassian tools e.g. Jira, Confluence, Stash
- Experience in the social networking, dating, or other subscription-based business