Pressreader’s business partner, TextBookHub, is looking for an iOS Developer to manage our iOS App in conjunction with the backend platform.
About TextbookHub: From Reading to Interacting:
We are bringing textbooks to life. TextbookHub is a software company that integrates digital textbooks into the classroom environment for K-12 students, teachers and administrators. TextbookHub’s platform is designed for the modern classroom with unique, real-time customization options. Teachers can customize content with learning management system integration, extended analytics, interactive overlays and a quiz-building platform. TextbookHub provides an improved learning environment through full integration with school Learning Management and Student Information Systems.
We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture in our Richmond, BC facility made up of the best and brightest people in the business.
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated iOS Developer to help improve the quality of our product and services. You will work with a team of talented software engineers, gain experience building mobile apps, desktop and web applications using innovative technologies.
This is a fun and fast-paced environment. If you like to be a detective, break things, develop tools, be challenged with tough problems and love to work with smart people, this is a place where you will have a lot of fun.
• Commercial experience working with iOS, with at least 3+ years software development experience
• Ideally experience / exposure working in an Agile environment
• Passion for mobile technology and using apps
• being independent, and being able to design and implement systems effectively
• Built or participated in the creation of great apps on the App Store
• Experience with the following technologies preferred: SQL, HTTP, JSON, and Swift
• Ability to understand and translate business requirements and technical specifications
• Possess analytical and troubleshooting skills with technical capability
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Focus on quality, deadlines and deliverables
• Phenomenal interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
• Solid sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
• Have a focus on continual learning, and are excited about being able to share knowledge
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
PressReader is on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter. That’s why we’ve partnered with thousands of global publishers to bring readers on-demand access to premium conte...Read More