Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Do you believe the best investment advice comes from someone you trust? We do too.
At TD, our legendary customer experience and reputation as a global banking leader comes from the trust and loyalty we earn from our customers. As a trusted Investment Specialist, we'll ensure you always have the opportunity to reach your potential and uphold this trustJob Description
As an experienced advisor, you thrive providing investors with professional guidance and advice. As a proven business developer your primary goal will be to consolidate assets held outside of TD through key prospecting activities such as lead generation, phone outreach, centre of influence and community development, customer referrals, and TD partner engagement. As an influencer in your community, building relationships comes naturally for you. You are a dynamic and dedicated professional who will find the right solutions for your clients every time.
When it comes to creating highly personalized client investment strategies, on a day to day basis you'll provide investment recommendations, open new investing accounts, and initiate transfers of assets from other financial institutions. As a natural relationship builder you will identify referral opportunities to other TD lines of business, such as branch and wealth partners. Above all else, your responsibility as an Investment Specialist is to deliver an extraordinary client experience - by fostering a relationship of advice, trust and confidence with your clients.Requirements
• Mutual funds license (IFIC, CSC or equivalent) required
• Successful completion: of PFP within 24 months
• Provide exceptional money-in advice at every customer interaction
• Prospect, identify and onboard new TD Investment customers by using effective sales techniques and through the use of discovery and triage, including financial planning delivered through specifically designed tools and resources
• Deepen investment relationships with TD customers by offering investment advice and consolidating OFI assets
• Contribute to the achievement of TD LEI goals by modelling LEI attributes and behaviours while strengthening customer loyalty
• Communicate in a clear and understandable manner, keeping pace with the customer, speaking clearly; verifying customer understanding and agreement as appropriate
• Build and maintain expert knowledge of the markets and our products and services to be able to effectively and efficiently assist our customers
• Ability to guide customers through the planning process and provide suitable recommendations to clients with <$250K in investable assets
• Possess comprehensive understanding of the local market, competitor offers, and economic trends
• Exercise strong judgement to deliver mobile-based customer interactions/experience
• Ensure proper handling of any issues/complaints using the TD Customer Problem Resolution process
Team Dedication & Support
• Report to Area Manager with ability and adaptability to work independently and remotely
• Participate fully as a team member and contribute to a positive and professional work environment by actively participating in all coaching, training, campaigns and huddles
• Participate in external training/industry courses to upgrade skills as required
• Share expertise, relevant information and any changes discovered in daily interactions
• Lead by example by positively building and maintaining the morale, motivation and top performance of the team by consistently exemplifying open, respectful and timely interactions with customers, colleagues and support areas.
• Follow a disciplined sales plan to accelerate profitable revenue growth and enthusiastically explore and secure new business development opportunities
• Use TD lead generation tools for existing clients and prospect for net new clients and customer discovery meetings
• Employ excellence in sales management practices, with emphasis on pipeline success
• Actively participate in local TD marketing and community events to gain new opportunities for TD
• Demonstrate and nurture existing network and build new COIs within the community (e.g. Business Associations, local businesses, etc.) to facilitate new growth opportunities Additional Information
• Maximize growth through positive relationships with assigned Branches by partnering with District Vice Presidents, Branch teams, and other channel partners to achieve growth targets
• Partner with other non-branch TD sales teams (Mobile Mortgage Specialists, Mobile Advisors, Everyday Banking, and more) to find opportunities for growth
• Keep current on all Bank product offerings, comparing, assessing and differentiating with competitor offers
• Review, submit and follow up on OFI transfer requests and any other relevant or regulatory documents
Internal Practices & Processes
• Demonstrate operational excellence through adherence to all TD compliance functions
• Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Bank and industry conduct codes with securities laws and regulations
• Understand and apply Bank/Branch operating policies and procedures
• Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all customer transactionsHours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance