1180 Columbia St W, Unit 101-F
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Provides financial and investment planning and advice to deliver a solution in the best interests of the customer. Determines client needs and provides solutions though the sales of managed products and services (e.g. mutual funds, retirement savings plans, and similar products). Provides other solutions indirectly through referrals to business partners.
- Assists Financial Planners to develop weekly and monthly sales and marketing plans and provides administrative support to execute the plan.
- Books customer appointments for the Financial Planner through branch referrals, outbound calls, incoming calls, and walk-ins.
- Provides sales service and administrative support for Financial Planners to complete transactions and support the achievement of business results.
- Responds to customer investment requests to fulfill basic investment product needs aligned with the customer's investment and/or retirement plans, or refers the customer to the Financial Planner to create an investment plan.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Learns the role of the Financial Planner and completes the associated accreditation requirements to assume the role, ideally within a 12-24-month time frame.
- Introduces clients to investment strategies and works with clients to develop a financial plan using appropriate guidance tools.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 2-3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good working knowledge of financial industry.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail