BC Clinical and Support Services (BCCSS) Society was created to provide clinical, diagnostic and support services to British Columbia’s healthcare system in a way that uses unique and innovative approaches to generate value and improve outcomes. By creating capacity, improving quality and safety, and lowering costs, BCCSS will transform how services are delivered and will contribute to the creation of a sustainable health system for BC.
Inventory Supply Technician
Casual / On Call
Wage: $19.43 per hour
Vancouver General Hospital
Under general supervision, performs related Inventory duties such as maintaining and monitoring inventory levels, performing physical inventory counts, identifying items for re-ordering, completing necessary paperwork and/or inputting counts into computerized hand-held units. Receives, unpacks, inspects, sorts and distributes incoming supplies to allocated areas by using transportation carts and operating pallet jacks. Communicates with user area personnel by responding to queries on supplies, obtaining procurement information from the computer system to alleviate potential supply-related problems. Rotates stock and routinely inspects for products for outdates and removes from shelves if any outdated product found. Cleans and maintains tidiness of stock areas and related equipment. Receives incoming supplies, checks the quality and quantity of goods and signs for all products; utilizes a computerized inventory database system.
Example of Duties & Accountabilities
- Maintains and monitors levels of a variety of Inventory supplies such as pharmacy-ward stock, sterile supplies in accordance with pre-determined levels through methods such as performing physical inventory counts, identifying items for re-ordering and scanning items for replenishment on hand held device.
- Receives, unpacks and inspects incoming supplies by performing tasks such as comparing receiving reports against goods received. Resolves discrepancies and returns damaged goods by making corrections on the pick plan and completing necessary form and forwarding a copy with goods being returned to off-site Central Warehouse.
- Sorts and distributes supplies to allocated areas by issuing stock items from pick lists in accordance with inventory issuing units, loading supplies onto transportation carts or shelves in readiness for dispatch to user area for the replenishment of stock areas, forwarding used supplies to the Sterile Supply Department for re-processing; maintains accurate labeling information such as stock number, product description and re-ordering point/stock level to ensure proper placement and processing of incoming supplies.
- Responds to emergent situations by methods such as receiving requests via telephone, pager or area personnel, retrieving items from Stat Stores, Central Warehouse, or Sterile Supply Department, and delivering item to area personnel to ensure immediate delivery of requested item.
- Communicates with users when items are out of stock or when orders are incomplete or deleted by verifying back-ordered items and/or obtaining estimated time of arrival from computer system, referring problems to Supervisor for follow-up and consulting with user department heads or department supervisor in order to alleviate potential supply-related problems.
Education, Training & Experience
Grade 12 plus one years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize own work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on BCCSS please visit: www.hssbc.ca
Posted: September 22, 2016
Closes:November 21, 2016