Job Description Summary
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for auditing current operational processes and inventory controls to ensure material management and handling meets specifications. The Inventory Control Specialist liaise with other groups to review and report on cycle count results and collaborate towards quality efficiencies and cost savings.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the Cycle Count program:
- Set up the Cycle Count dataset
- Coordinate cycle count activities and schedule for all STEMCELL locations and 3PLs.
- Ensure inventory locations are accounted for as per standard processes and procedures,
- Liaise and work with Finance during bank audits
- Set and lead meeting rhythms with members to review activities and KPI's, including but not limited to:
- count progress
- resolution of inventory issues,
- review and analysis of inventory counts results
- generate and present cycle count period end reports for management
- Reviews and recommends changes to procedures: receipt, storage, site transfer, and distribution to customers,
- Trains employees on inventory handling and transaction best practices, policies, procedures and work instructions
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and participates or leads cross-functional initiatives to effect positive change towards inventory management
- Adheres to C-TPAT and Safety requirements when working in the warehouse
- Supports as SME for design and implementation of software and other tools, including an ERP system, to ensure that inventory management requirements and controls are met.
- Comply with the Company's quality system to the requirements of ISO 13485.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Supply Chain/Logistics. APICS certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Ability to present, teach and mentor as needed.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to apply critical thinking to complex problems
- Strong understanding of ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to provide Presentations (to all levels of the organization)
- Confident self-starter, motivated, organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of excel and pivot tables
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to effectively contribute in cross departmental projects and with great relationship building skills.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production