Job Description Summary
This is a 13-month maternity leave coverage position commencing in February 2019.
The Inventory Control Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate operational processes and inventory controls to ensure material management and transactions meets specifications. The Inventory Control Analyst liaise with other groups to facilitate training, report on transactional results, collaborate towards quality efficiencies and cost savings, and serve as SME for use of ERP and other systems as needed.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures there is appropriate management and control of inventory in all STEMCELL locations owned, controlled or contracted. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with stakeholders, maintain and/or develop procedures: receipt, storage, site transfer, and distribution to customers,
- Develop, maintain and report on KPI's associated with inventory controls: ensure transaction and traceability accuracy is maintained and Monitor the status of inventory and accurate disposition,
- Train employees on material handling and inventory best practices,
- Train staff who perform inventory transactions in procedures, policies and work instructions.
- Work closely with Planning and Procurement to establish inventory holding and management policies and procedures.
- Liaise and work closely with other functional groups to resolve inventory issues, including Finance, Sales, Customer Service, and Distribution.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and participate or lead cross-functional initiatives to effect positive change towards inventory management
- Cross-train and provide support as required in the Cycle Count program:
- Set up the Cycle Count dataset
- Coordinate cycle count activities and schedule for all STEMCELL locations.
- Ensure inventory locations are accounted for as per standard processes and procedures,
- Assist cross-departmental teams with reconciliation of inventory, and any required training,
- Analyze inventory counts and generate period end reports,
- Adheres to C-TPAT and Safety requirements when being in the warehouse
- Participates fully in the design and implementation of software and other tools to ensure that inventory management requirements and controls are met.
- Comply with the Company's quality system to the requirements of ISO 13485.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Supply Chain/Logistics. APICS certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Ability to present, teach and mentor as needed.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to apply critical thinking to complex problems
- Strong understanding of ERP systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to provide Presentations (to all levels of the organization)
- Confident self-starter, motivated, organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of excel and pivot tables
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to effectively contribute in cross departmental projects and with great relationship building skills.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics