Communications Generalist, Electrification and Country Communications, CanadaTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.This role is responsible for executing and implementing communications strategies and programs that drive business results for ABB Canada as a whole and for its Electrification (EL) Business Area in Canada. With a clear focus on building an EL Communications function alongside the Communications team, this role supports building new communication processes and drives communications at all levels inside and outside the organization, partnering with executives, electrification divisions, and functions. He/she creates clear and compelling messages - and finds innovative ways to deliver them - that build a culture of collaboration and business excellence within EL. He/she will partner with communications to plan, develop, coordinate, and execute all necessary marketing and communications efforts for the purpose of creating awareness, engagement and generating traffic to multiple touch points. This role includes creating and developing a comprehensive range of content destined for a variety of internal and external platforms and outlets.Your responsibilities
- Create and execute strategic communications plans for Canadian employees.
- Create engaging written and visual messaging to motivate and inspire employees and external stakeholders.
- Write news articles, posts, blogs, and announcements for various internal and external communications channels.
- Provide communication support for various corporate events.
- Oversee rollout and localization of global communication initiatives and change management plans.
- Manage communications projects with high detail and accuracy from start to finish.
- Serve as channel owner for various communications channels in Canada.
- Manage communication and design agencies to produce deliverables on time and on budget.
- Develop engaging internal and external content in support of marketing communications to serve as the glue for the EL business area, its divisions and related functions.
- Work with Communications and Marketing team to produce a wide array of engaging communications solutions and content that includes multi-media messaging (social media, video, emails, print), extended content (newsletters, direct mail, brochures, web) and corporate communications (press releases, speech scripting, annual reports, presentations)
- Provide editorial guidance and assist in the development of content for ongoing projects including internal and external communications.
- Act as proofreader copy on Marketing Communications projects.
- Assist in research and information gathering during planning stages of copy and concept development.
- Brainstorm relevant topics aligned with the multi-channel content strategy to increase visibility of ABB and assigned client.
- Enforce a standard of excellence and quality in all forms of communication - from concept development to writing and proofreading.
- Act as a trusted advisor, bringing value to clients' project, through strong commitment to success, consistent performance, and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Support and execute communication plans and tactics specific to Canadian stakeholders.
- Amplify communication programs from the global EL business area and the Canadian communications teams, localizing them for Canadian EL employees and external stakeholders.
- Support and maintain digital channels seen/used by Canadian EL employees.
- Ensure Canadian support for EL-related change initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, integration, crisis management, and other global initiatives with strong communication and transformation initiatives.
- Assist with executive messaging within the Canadian EL organization to support the implementation of business strategies.
- Increase the EL business area leadership, wins and best-in-class practices visibility for all employees.
- Create and foster employee dialogue to support continuous improvement across the entire business area.
- Identify new insights and strategies to ensure greatest impact with EL audiences in Canada.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field and minimum 3 years in corporate communications roles.
- A proven and strong writing portfolio.
- Proficient in the Associated Press (AP) style, the Canadian style guidelines and Clés de la redaction style.
- Superior oral and written communication skills. (English and French)
- Passion for developing creative, compelling, and concise content all while capturing individual tones and character (e.g., articles, press releases, web story, script writing, writing for various internal and external target groups, etc.).
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills, versatile writer with the ability to work in a range of writing styles.
- Proven track record of producing creative and strategic communications & content.
- Strong project management skills and ability to own large-scale projects from start to finish.
- Ability to edit written and visual communications from various sources.
- Ability to localize global content and programs for Canadian audience.
- Strong capability for independent direction and decision-making.
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate across various corporate cultures.
- Ability to function successfully within ambiguity and complexity.
- Entrepreneur with initiative to build new programs from idea to execution.
- Knowledge in digital marketing with a strong awareness of emerging trends in communications
- Knowledge of social media channels and their respective best practices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Experience with email marketing tools (Constant Contact, SFdC, Pardot)
- Web content management system experience (CMS).
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Education or training specifically in organizational communications.
- Ability to capture and communicate the voice of leaders.
- Ability to create and build relationships across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to effectively manage communication and design agencies.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- Experience with communication measurement (KPIs).
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid
Government Sales and Marketing