¿Hablas Español? We are seeking an experienced and well-rounded senior-level internal audit professional for a successful and reputable multi-national public company. The official job title is Manager, Internal Audit; however, this role is more senior than that title would suggest in many other organizations. It is only one-step removed from CFO and Chairman of the Audit Committee, and there is realistic opportunity for long term career-growth. MUST BE FLUENT IN SPANISH- written and spoken, professional and casual.
Who- the Company:
Our client has a reputation for excellence and a well-established history of over 25 years. The company has operations in 6 countries and growing. Some of their key operations are in Spanish-speaking countries, hence the requirement for fluency in Spanish. The company has impressive leadership and a positive corporate culture that encourages collaboration. There is a good “vibe” in their offices and operations, and you can tell that the people there enjoy working together. This company continued to hire in 2020, even when many companies were on hiring freezes due to the pandemic. Headquartered in Vancouver.
What- the Role:
Our client is seeking a Manager, Internal Audit to join their team (5 people in internal audit, including internal auditors at operational sites). This is a newly created role due to ongoing business growth. The role reports into the Chief Internal Auditor for the entire company, who in turn reports to the CFO and to the Chairman of the Audit Committee. There is good opportunity for a long-term succession plan and career growth- within internal audit or perhaps within other areas of accounting & finance.
Responsibilities are diverse and will appeal to someone who enjoys variety and who wants to get to know a company inside-out. The Manager, Internal Audit will execute and/or manage financial audits, operational audits, and perhaps even some IT audits.
Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a through job description outlining the duties of the role in more detail.
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for an internal audit professional with at least 5 years progressive and relevant work experience, as well as native or near native Spanish language proficiency- spoken and written.
- Fluency in Spanish / Español.
- International Accounting Designation, with top preference for the Canadian CPA, CA designation. Audit related certifications such as the CIA, CRMA, or CISA are all viewed very favourably by the hiring team.
- Minimum 4 years and ideally 5+ years of recent, relevant, and progressive experience specifically in internal audit, internal controls, and risk management.
- Must have experience with operational audits and ability to “get in the trenches” to truly understand the business operations.
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and people leadership skills. The Manager will step into the Director’s team leadership capacity when the Director is on vacation or unavailable due to urgent business matters.
- Experience in one of the following project-based industries: oil & gas, petroleum, mining, forestry, chemicals, engineering.
- Experience with IT auditing is a plus, but not at all required
- Public practice training from a multi-national firm is highly preferred, but not required. If candidates are coming directly from public practice, must have experience beyond external financial audit & assurance- perhaps a secondment, working in consulting or risk management practice, and/or frequent visits to client operations for internal controls and internal audit purposes.
- Public company and SOX experience.
- Ability and willingness- ideally eagerness!- to do international business travel. Over the average work quarter, the amount of travel will fluctuate anywhere from 25% to 50% of the time. Travel will be forecasted in advance so that the employee can plan their personal life accordingly, there will be no travel with little to no notice. Currently travel is very little due to Covid, but will ramp up again once most Canadians are vaccinated.
The company’s corporate head office is in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Currently employees are working remotely, so the hired individual could work from anywhere in BC or perhaps a nearby Canadian time zone (Alberta). Longer-term the Manager, Internal Audit must be based in Vancouver as they will be the face of Internal Audit to the senior leadership team which is mostly based in Vancouver.
Very competitive and generous base salary and bonus commensurate with experience and skills- please discuss with Swim!
How & When to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly! If you are interested and want to discuss further, please reach out to your contact at Swim today. If you do not yet have a recruitment consultant at Swim, please hit APPLY and send us your resume. We are also very open to referrals, if you know any Spanish-speakers who may be interested! Gracias!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance