137087 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
This role is a combination of software development and operation support in SAP Global Technology Legal Compliance Team (GTLC). It is best suited for candidates with good understanding of software development lifecycle, web application development, database, UI design and are familiar with programming methodologies.
The GTLC team in SAP ensures that SAP technology and products comply with licenses and obligations from intellectual property laws and regulations. The team implements and manages a wide range of applications that manage process automation and provide services to development communities, legal and licensing teams in the company.
The candidate has strong development skills in programming and is also a quick learner. The highly motivated individual strives to deliver high quality of work. The candidate demonstrates acute sense of critical thinking in problem solving and identifying areas for improvements. The successful candidate will have opportunities to participate in full development cycle which includes requirement collection and analysis, designing, implementing and testing the solutions. He or she may also be the technical expert to support the solutions. The candidate may carry out researches into new technologies and tools to extend and improve the existing systems. It is a rare opportunity to apply your solid programming skills in solving challenging problems in the industry. Expectations & Tasks
• Maintain and improve the existing automation solutions.
• Design and implement features and testing.
• Trouble-shoot solutions in operation.
• Assist in other duties in development initiatives. Skills / Competencies General
• Excellent team player who can work independently with minimal supervision and is also flexible in working with others.
• Highly motivated with positive work attitude and strong passions to strive for excellence.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details.
• Passionate in learning new technologies. Technical
• Good understanding of Object-Orient programing model.
• Working knowledge in web application design, implementation, and testing.
• Familiar with web technologies and frameworks, web services technologies, Database design and implementation, test methodologies and test automation.
• Working knowledge in Linux/Unix environment.
• Good understanding of XML and CSS.
• Understanding of Spring, Grails, OData is a plus. Educational Requirements (degrees, class completion, etc.)
Master degree students are preferred but undergraduate students will also be equally considered.
Enrolled in a program leading to a degree in one or a combination of the following subjects*:
• Computer Science
• Software Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Information Systems
• Information Technology
• Engineering Sciences
• Actuarial Mathematics/Science
• Science/Applied Science program with relevant courses taken in Computer Science and/or Engineering
*Candidates in other subjects with relevant education and/or work experience may be considered.
Undergraduate Students: At least in the 3rd year of studies in the program leading to a degree. Program CGPA > 3.2.
Graduates Students: Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution Qualifications:
Previous co-op or similar work experience is highly recommended. Can commit for 8 months full time internship starting May 2017 SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Job Segment:
Developer, Intern, ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering