125983 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP is the 19th Most Valuable Global Brand for 2014 (http://www.davidroth.com/2014top100/#p=14). It is the Global Market Leader in Enterprise Application Software, the Top Cloud Vendor and Leading Mobility Vendor, with offices and labs located worldwide SAP serves over 293,000 customers in 190 countries, including 87% of the Forbes Global 2000 and 98% of the 100 most valued brands. 74% of the world’s transaction revenue touches an SAP system (http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/factsheet)!
The SAP community of employees, partners and customers is vast - the SAP Community Network (http://scn.sap.com) has over 2.5 million members and the Americas' SAP Users' Group (http://www.asug.com) has over 3,700 member companies in more than 17 industries.
The worldwide Product Support team of ~3000 is committed to the success of our customers through outstanding technical support. We are not merely a Call Centre! We actively investigate customer issues by mastering diverse technologies and by working intensively with the products we offer. We measure our success by customer satisfaction.
Make a difference - become a member of the SAP Community and help the world Run Better (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt-kBjcI8y4)!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Among other responsibilities, you should expect to do many of the following:
• Investigates and resolve critical system issues for Enterprise level Fortune 500 companies.
• Analyzing complex, real world, unique problems; often working in production environments.
• Feel the satisfaction from delivering a solution to customers that make their businesses run simpler and better.
• Meet, work and talk with colleagues and customers from all around the world!
• Master SAP software that is being used by industries, governments and multinational companies around the globe.
Be part of a small, tight-knit team of professionals
• Working collaboratively to provide solutions to customers.
• Learn new skills and technologies that will open paths to many new possible careers. The learning never ends – you are expected to continuously learn and up-skill during your time here.
• Be a social media guru and create Knowledge Bases, blogs, wikis, and videos, for colleagues and customers.
• Get involved with SAP’s active Intern Community and experience what it is like to be early talent at one of the biggest software companies in the World.
• Get the small startup feel with big enterprise backing.
• Innovate and create new tools that will help SAP run simple. Anything you can think of to make the business run better will get SAP support.
• Join the global SAP Family and become an ambassador for the Support Organization. EDUCATION
• Currently enrolled in a University degree program in Computer Science, Business and Technology, or related areas. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent diagnostic and technical analysis skills
• Ability to assess, plan and troubleshoot while collecting information about the customer issue
• can commit for an 8-12 month full time internship starting January 2017.
At least one of the following subject matter:
• Databases (SAP HANA, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SQL Anywhere, ASE, MySQL, etc.)
• Operating systems (Windows Server, Linux, AIX, etc.)
• Object-oriented programming (Java, C++, ABAP, etc.) and programming logic
• SAP Products & Solutions (SAP NetWeaver, SAP Business Suite, SAP BusinessObjects, etc.)
• Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems, including installation, migration and networking
• Knowledge of business and financial processes WORK EXPERIENCE
• Experience working with customers is a plus
• Previous internship experience would be an asset
• Please specify your availability in your cover letter (8 months or 12 months)
• Please upload unofficial transcripts
• Foosball, ping pong and/or pool skills not required but appreciated. SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection Job Segment:
ERP, Oracle, Intern, Database, SAP, Technology, Entry Level