126752 Work Area:
Sales Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP is the global market leader for business software. SAP helps organizations in 26 industries and 12 lines of business run better. Business Operations is the driver of the identification, build, and adoption of successful practices, tools, and standards for the sales organization across all regions globally. We provide key analytical and process support to the executive leadership of the Platform Solutions. We are responsible for ensuring the team has the appropriate organizational insight and business clarity to drive effective business decision making. The candidate will be an important member of the team and will have a diverse mix of responsibilities. They will also have access to industry leading software and technology, providing a platform to make significant contributions to key activities. The internship will give the candidate a global perspective of SAP’s corporate strategy and the opportunity to build their network within an open and dynamic environment. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Assist global operational reviews to assess quarterly performance across regions and solutions.
• Leverage SAP software to provide additional insight and intelligence around sales data.
• Develop deeper level insights on regional sales performance for key stakeholders.
• Facilitate standardization of sales strategy and reporting across all six global regions.
• Innovate and conceptualize new reporting to foster actionable insight for supported businesses.
• Understand and summarize regional sales performance and forecast for executive audience.
• Collaborate with enterprise analytics teams to automate and scale reporting to other business areas.
• Provide an external perspective on the team’s activities to help drive the innovation agenda. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Technology or Commerce related degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, MBA).
• The candidate must have a combination of technical and business expertise.
• They should be a team player, with a self-starter attitude and the ability to work with minimal direction.
• Good communication/writing and organization skills are important.
• The candidate should be able to synthesize and analyze large quantities of data, whilst showing a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Above all, they should be passionate about technology and business.
• Can commit for an 8 months full time internship strating January 2017. Required Skills
• Proficiency Microsoft Outlook / PowerPoint / Word
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel
• Desirable Skills
o Microsoft Access / VBA
o Microsoft Visio
o Data-mining / Predictive experience WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 6 months’ work experience in relevant practical internships or coop SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection Job Segment:
Intern, ERP, Sales Operations, SAP, Entry Level, Operations, Technology, Sales