125924 Work Area:
Software-Development Operations Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Student Employment Type:
Intern COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will
• Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
• Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
• Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environments to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
Then you can run better!
• Gain experience in communication and technical skills working with Product Owners and other Agile Developers.
• Develop superior skills in software design, testing and analyzing code, and first-to-market strategy.
• Design and execute test scenarios to fully exercise user stories.
• Employ continuous integration, test driven-development, unit tests, end-to-end automation, risk-analysis, testing best practices.
• Participate in Sprint planning meetings, effectively estimate user stories, commit and execute on team tasks. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Currently in a degree from Computer Science or Engineering
• Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
• Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
• Understanding of databases and web application servers WORK EXPERIENCE
• Previous internship experience would be an asset • Seeking students who can commit to 8 months to start in January 2017.
• Please state on your cover letter and/or resume how long you can commit for. Please upload your unofficial transcript SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Web Design, Cloud, Intern, Technology, Engineering, Creative, Entry Level