Intermediate to Senior Structural Steel Engineer/ Project Manager: Harvey 2395
We are currently looking for an experienced Intermediate to Senior Structural Steel Engineer/ Project Manager, who specializes in structural steel, and miscellaneous metal, for connection design, detailing, fabrication, and installation of structural steel projects.
We specialize in the design of residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, recreational, transportation, hospitality, and educational facilities, located in Canada and the United States.
We are a Structural Steel, and Specialty Miscellaneous Metal fabricating company, who works closely with the project architects and engineers, to try and eliminate redundancies and reduce inaccuracies.
- The Structural Engineer / Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful completion of all assigned contracts.
- You will work closely with your team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
- Responsibilities include submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans, as well as, the proper execution of these plans.
- The Project Manager will need to have proven experience in project management and leadership skills.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing all projects, from start to finish
- Writing of reports on daily, weekly, and monthly schedule to maintain control
- Responsible for, meeting the project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Overseeing all elements of the project included but not limited to; detailing, fabrication, material purchasing, deliveries, cranes, man lifts, site installation and change orders.
- Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track.
- Review and negotiate contracts, with clients, and contractors, as needed
- Deal with the permitting and maintaining the project schedule.
- Ensure that the project is being built according to specifications, design and budget.
- Dealing with Clients and company management
- Delegate and monitor project tasks based on colleagues’ strengths, workload, skill sets and experience levels.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports, by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing, relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of change requests.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with clients.
- Managing, customer satisfaction.
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required to benefit the company and or as requested by Management.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years plus of current working experience as a Structural Engineer / Project Manager with Project Management, Coordination. and site working experience
- Must have experience in ground up completion of projects
- A Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Structural Steel.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Ability, to lead project teams, of various sizes, and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding, of formal project management, methodologies.
- Able to complete projects, in a timely manner.
- Budget management, experience.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open, depending on current working experience
Benefits package available after 3 months
Flexible hours if needed