Intermediate to Senior Piping Estimator / Project Coordinator: Harvey 2321
We are an established, growing medium sized Heavy Industrial General Contractor with operations throughout Canada, we self perform our work as a Building Trades employer. We have an immediate opening for an senior estimator / project coordinator to join our team in our Delta, BC location.
Ideal candidates will be experienced in estimating and coordinating heavy industrial piping projects and to a lesser extent have experience in estimating / coordinating industrial piping and civil works. This position will report to the Management Team.
Focus is on “ Design / Build “ in the mechanical side / Jet fuel / Aviation gas sectors
The Duties and Responsibilities of this Position will include the following:
- Preparation of complete project cost estimates including complete quantity take-offs for all scopes of work.
- Preparation of bid analysis for materials, equipment and subcontractors.
- Maintain and prepare all Q/A, Q/C documentation as required for all Projects.
- Expedite material and equipment deliveries as required.
- Planning and scheduling of Projects.
- Project Coordination.
- Manage Project budgets and schedules to outperform Owner Requirements.
- Represent the Company in to ensure complete client, supplier and subcontractor satisfaction.
- 10 -15 years of estimating and project coordination experience with heavy emphasis on industrial piping projects.
- Must have proven longevity on your resume.
- Must have extensive knowledge of industrial construction drawings and specifications and be able to interpret them correctly.
- Must have a Diploma from BCIT or similar in Mechanical or Civil.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- Must work well under pressure and must always meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, multi-task, organize and work both independently and as a team player to achieve goals in a high pressure environment.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient in Microsoft Office software applications, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Must be detail oriented and strive for accuracy.
- Must be reliable and always punctual.
- Must occasionally travel throughout Canada.
- Must have a valid BC Drivers Licence.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current working experience
Benefits package is available
Manufacturing and Production