Intermediate Structural Steel & Misc. Metal Estimator: Harvey 2556Position Summary:
The Intermediate Estimator will have in-depth knowledge and experience of steel fabricating and installation processes.
You will possess good business acumen and analytical abilities.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, candidates should also be detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills.
Your central goal will be to prepare accurate detailed quantity takeoffs and estimates for projects by gathering information, analyzing important metrics, and conducting regular risk assessments.
- Ability to read both Structural and Architectural drawings.
- Download project plans and specifications.
- Identify labor, materials, time constraints, related costs, and other requirements by thoroughly reviewing client tender invitations and project documents.
- Conduct risk assessments to account for regular and elevated risk factors (such as weather, schedule, special materials, labor requirements, contractual requirements, etc.)
- Be able to interpret Project Specifications and tender requirements and submit completed tenders according to bid instructions.
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs with speed and accuracy.
- Collect competitive quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Prepare detailed shop and field estimates including the tender/proposal letter with terms and conditions.
- Prepare budget estimates as requested by customers.
- Review and assess cost estimates to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Prepare bonding applications, if necessary.
- Attend site visits as necessary to determine access and site conditions.
- Attend pre-award or award meetings.
- Review prime and subcontracts and identify risks to the company.
- Follow up submitted tenders or budgets with customers.
- If awarded, follow the project to ensure that estimated costs follow the forecast plan.
- Assist the Project Managers with estimating extras and change orders.
- Prepare detailed reports for Management to inform them of future estimating opportunities.
- Project management of ‘smaller’ projects as required.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required to benefit the company and or as requested by Management.
- Hiring from within Canada and at the very minimum, must be a Permanent Resident of Canada and hold a valid BC Driver’s License
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience in structural steel and miscellaneous metals estimating for both shop and field.
- Basic knowledge of Contract Law and Accounting
- Degree in Business, Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) or Construction Estimator Certificate (CSC) would be an asset.
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Strong understanding of both metric and imperial conversions
- Proficient in relevant software including Google, Microsoft 365 (MS Excel & Word), Bluebeam, Procore, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Analytical and strong problem-solving abilities
- Some knowledge of the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC) is an asset.
- Must own a vehicle to travel to construction jobsites and meetings.
This is a fulltime position.
Salary of $75,000 to $85,000 per year, with 3 to 5 years of experience
Benefits package available after 3 months
#81 - Wealthsimple - Developing an Engineering Career in FinTech
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.Read More