Intermediate Software Developers, Full Stack Employer:
Hootsuite Media Inc. Business Address & Location:
#5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5T 1R6, Canada Term:
40 hours per week, permanent Salary Range:
$75,000 - $92,000 per annum, plus benefits
Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
You’ll also have the flexibility to take your skills where you want. Leadership track? Guru track? Whichever path you choose, you’ll play an active role in shaping how it all unfolds.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
You build highly scalable distributed systems and data pipelines to consume and process large amounts of data that feed internal business units, internal data products, new products research, and more. You design and implement both data applications for use by internal business units. You always ensure end-to-end data quality, validation, and consistency. You have migrated legacy infrastructure to microservices.
What is unique and exciting about this opportunity? Currently, we are building new systems and replacing legacy architecture. You will work on a high security, high reliability system and get to build features on it. There will be opportunities for our new team member to grow beyond his or her current skillset. Requirements:
- University degree in Computer Science
- Experience with coding in Cloud and Web services
- Minimum of 2-3 years working on web applications and relevant programming languages & frameworks (python, Scala, Akka, and the Play Framework)
- Proven skills building Data pipelines and ETLs with various languages for large volumes of data
- Min 2 year experience with various data stores (mysql/postgresql, mongo, Hadoop)
- Working with various data processing languages MapReduce, Spark, Scalding
- Experience working with REST APIs (pulling from 3rd parties and designing your own)
- Experience using one or more messaging systems, such as rabbitMQ, kafka, or logstash
- Experience building high-performance, large-scale, distributed server applications
- A passion for automation, including writing unit and integration tests
- Experience working within a team using agile processes
Hootsuite offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes coverage for extended health, dental, vision, sick days and our on site health and wellness center. Employees also receive 15 vacation days per calendar year, as well as stock options. Bonus Points…
- you are active in local and online developer communities
- A love for social media