Senior Software Developer - C++ Description:
Quester Tangent is seeking an Intermediate/Senior Software Developer with a solid understanding of C++ and data driven, event based architectures to support the development of our on-train Train Control and Monitoring Server application and supporting applications. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team developing heterogeneous solutions comprised of various hardware and software components. As a software developer, you will be involved in all stages of the software product development lifecycle with emphasis on conformance, reliability, testability and maintainability. You will design, implement, test and document to ensure the software meets technical requirements and applicable standards.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. The applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. How you will spend your day:
What you will need to succeed:
- Designing, implementing, testing and debugging C++ on-train application software in a Linux environment on ARM targets. This includes new development and maintenance on an existing code base.
- Working directly with the Software Product Owner to determine scope of requirements, design and implementation strategies.
- Coordinating and collaborating with software development team members and internal stakeholders.
- Providing mentoring to less senior developers through direct conversations and code reviews.
- Preparing requirements, design, and test documentation to IEEE 1558 software standards.
- Implementing unit and integration level test suites for incorporation into automated test infrastructure.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
- Diploma or degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science; or related experience
- 8+ years product development experience coding and debugging in C++
- 5+ years using C++11 or newer
- Experience with software version control (e.g. SVN, git, Perforce)
- Solid understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment
- Understanding of design for test, white and black box methodologies
- Firm understanding of software standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions
- Development under Linux OS with use of gdb, valgrind, tcpdump, SSH and similar tools
- Familiarity with IEEE SW standards (1558 applies to rail equipment)
- Perforce Helix revision control system
- Creation of automated test scripts for unit and integration tests
- SQLite RDBMS and/or key-value data storage
- Familiarity with networking and distributed system concepts
- Application networking software
- Experience with scripting languages
- Ability to work directly with electronics
Quester Tangent values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens our company.
The salary will vary depending on your particular skillset and years of experience.
In support of a healthy work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, quarterly personal days and flex-time hours. We are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to cycle to work, free parking if you prefer to drive, and we are on a major bus route if you use public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers' needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
Additionally, this role includes an optional hybrid work plan that incorporates a mixture of in-office and remote work in an employee's schedule. Location:
Saanichton, BC - Hybrid, Full time remote How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title in the subject line "Senior C++ Software Developer" Apply Now Link: email@example.com Job Type:
Full-Time Job Category:
Technical Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level
Software and Programming