Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.The Role:
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer who specializes in writing code to test the product. They work directly with Developers, Product Managers and other SDETs to understand requirements and designs for upcoming changes, and to devise appropriate test strategies for those changes. They design and write the code for automated test cases and perform hands-on testing.
In this role you will be working directly with code in an established automation framework to test back-end services for large scale data processing. You will support the team's release and testing efforts while growing and maintaining automated coverage and frameworks.Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:Minimum 3 years of test development experienceStrong understanding of Java or Python languagesExperience with Junit or pytestExperience with backend systems or APIsExperience with testing practices in an agile environmentExperience with any of the following is an asset:
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Write code to support development of automated frameworks and tests
- Execute test cases using both automated and manual techniques
- Identify, report and verify software defects
- Maintain test infrastructure and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
How to Apply
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Network principles and protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Performance testing with JMeter or similar tools
- Big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka or SQL
- Working in a Linux environment
- Multi-threaded programming
- Design patterns
Think you're a great fit for this job? Please apply here: http://bit.ly/GRQA251
with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit http://www.globalrelay.com/jobs