DescriptionWho we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.Your role:
As an Intermediate React Developer at Global Relay, you'll be providing great user experience for authenticating and authorizing our customers. Your work will be used across our entire product line and will help tens of thousands of users every day. As our user base grows you will be helping to scale our system by as much as 100x.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best developers in British Columbiaand apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and QA. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you'll fit in around here. Tech stack:
- Work as a part of an agile development team to implement React-based web pages.
- Work with the UX group to translate mock-ups into web pages that are accessible, performant, and user-friendly.
- Ensure the highest quality code through writing unit tests, code reviews, and static code analysis tools.
- Enable great QA by collaborating with SDETs (Software Development Engineers in Test) to design well-thought-out test cases.
- Collaborate with your team and product owners to create and refine clear and concise user stories.
- Learn and share your knowledge through great documentation and frequent communication.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and related web technologies like Sass/Less, AJAX and JSON.
- Skilled in writing functional and unit tests using web testing frameworks.
- In addition these are assets:
What you can expect:
- Linux knowledge and experience.
- Unit testing with Mocha or Jasmine/Jest and also Selenium.
- Experience working with Java Back-End components and Docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous experience developing JSP pages.
- A passion for Authentication, Authorization, or Cryptography.
- Experience with major front-end frameworks such as ExtJS, Angular, Vue.js.
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visitwww.globalrelay.com