IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking an Intermediate QA Tester to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Long contracts
- Public sector exposure
- Interact with Business Analysts to elicit and understand business/technical requirements and specifications
- Drive the end-to-end testing process and prioritize tasks accordingly to meet project delivery timelines
- Actively manage and maintain the test environment throughout the software development process
- Proactively assist the application support team to troubleshoot issues as needed
- Create test plans and record detailed metric to track progress outcomes
- Perform regression tests, develop new and maintain existing test cases both manual and automated
- Analyze the results of tests and test coverage to determine the quality of the solution
- Perform tests under tight time constraints with a high degree of quality and accuracy
- Maintain existing and create new automated test cases
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years hands-on test automation experience using Test automation tools like Ranorex or similar tools
- Hands-on experience with IDE development tools
- Experience testing within an Agile environment
- Proficient experience with SQL, XML and web services tools as well as understanding HTML
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with setting up robust test environments and configurations (Windows)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effort and ensure that tasks are completed on schedule
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (TeamCity)
- Able to work independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Software development experience in an Object-Oriented environment, C# .NET
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- The successful individual must be a self-starter and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.